congrats to James Coffelt, Ohio land and cattle.. front page of ohio farmer!

Help Support CattleToday:

James has a "Building Wealth vs. Income" article in the February issue of the Stockman Grass Farmer.
He ignores scale and marketing in this article, but does explains much of the why behind the Ohio Farmer write up.
I don't have the capital to play at his level. A partial solution is to tie into a successful marketing program, like PCC.

Stocker Steve":14nva1p6 said:
James has a "Building Wealth vs. Income" article in the February issue of the Stockman Grass Farmer.
He explains much of the why behind the Ohio Farmer article.
He also emphasizes that stocking rate is a big driver of profit.
scan that article so we can all read it. 8)

As frame size continues to increase, I wonder how long his strategy will work without calves being deeply discounted?

They probably already would be already docked, if they had to run through the sale barn with everyone else's calves.

shaz":1lytpu2w said:
As frame size continues to increase, I wonder how long his strategy will work without calves being deeply discounted?

The current trend is increasing PCC seed stock sales.
The odd thing (for commercial producers) is that PCC seems to discourage cross breeding.
Any reason you could not put a continental bull on a four frame angus PCC cow and get a good CAB feedlot calf?

TennesseeTuxedo":27ydglor said:
TexasBred":27ydglor said:
His cost sound a bit on the high side when you consider you're getting a midget cow.

Moderate framed NOT a midget!
BIG A$$ women use that term as well...."moderate frame". :lol2: :lol: Especially on Farmers only . com

Stocker Steve":i7yc9wf6 said:
He ignores scale and marketing in this article, but does explains much of the why behind the Ohio Farmer write up.
I don't have the capital to play at his level. A partial solution is to tie into a successful marketing program, like PCC.

The "As seen on Tv" specialty items learned that ages ago. A sucker born every minute.

HDRider":qmnfq6gn said:
I visited his place. He got bad hurt on an ATV. Not doing well at all. Have not heard from him in over a year.

I didn't know about the ATV wreck. He was over here last week and seemed fine.

TexasBred":1lek1l8e said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1lek1l8e said:
TexasBred":1lek1l8e said:
His cost sound a bit on the high side when you consider you're getting a midget cow.

Moderate framed NOT a midget!
BIG A$$ women use that term as well...."moderate frame". :lol2: :lol: Especially on Farmers only . com
The old phrase was "pleasingly plump"........
(I have no room to talk. My name might be Don but it sure ain't Adonis)

kirkdickinson":7diyrh53 said:
HDRider":7diyrh53 said:
I visited his place. He got bad hurt on an ATV. Not doing well at all. Have not heard from him in over a year.

I didn't know about the ATV wreck. He was over here last week and seemed fine.
Good to hear.

Latest posts