Concerned question ?

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
Made a reservation at a hotel for an employee to stay the week on business, told the hotel I would be paying for the room in his name. She wanted my credit card number and then wanted me to fax her my drivers license and credit card picture. I understand giving my card number but I am concerned about faxing a copy of my drivers license and credit card. Does this seem like a common practice or am I just over concerned?

I don't travel too often, but I have been in hotels twice in the last two weeks and have yet to be asked for an ID when making the initial reservation. Certainly never been asked for a picture of the credit card from anyone, hotel or otherwise. I think I had to show an ID when I got to the hotel and checked in, but that's it.

I travel a lot. I ain't never been asked for a pic of my credit card. Find another hotel.

Isomade":nlxm4zt6 said:
I travel a lot. I ain't never been asked for a pic of my credit card. Find another hotel.

They wanted a pic of his drivers license Isomade , not the credit card ..

You need to call them back ,as I am pretty sure you misunderstood. They most likely were telling you that the person who is registering needs to bring in picture ID ,at least a drivers license or passport. ;-)

I travel often and recently have started being ask for my drivers license when checking in. I figure it is to see if it matches the name on the credit card.

hillsdown":3fd1fmlc said:
Isomade":3fd1fmlc said:

They wanted a pic of his drivers license Isomade , not the credit card ..

You need to call them back ,as I am pretty sure you misunderstood. They most likely were telling you that the person who is registering needs to bring in picture ID ,at least a drivers license or passport. ;-)
How's about you reread his original post there hillsdown. :cowboy:

Used to travel quite a bit but not so much anymore. Never been asked for anything more than my credit card number. Maybe it's because he's making reservations for someone else and not himself. I don't know. I would call the hotel and speak to the manager. Ask them why they need all this extra information. If you don't get a reasonable explanation, try somewhere else.

Latest posts