Colt Starting

Help Support CattleToday:

Actually when they buck big, I kick my feet out of the stirrups, and draw them up like a jocky....everyone thinks it's really strange, not even sure when I do it...I have been on some good ones too.
T.

I went to one of those colt clinics, I'm thinking Curt Pate maybe, if you look at bullriders, they hve a holt off center. This clinician was telling us if you grab the horn it will be no bueno. Better to have a holt on the side.

tukie":1q2eeahj said:
Actually when they buck big, I kick my feet out of the stirrups, and draw them up like a jocky....everyone thinks it's really strange, not even sure when I do it...I have been on some good ones too.
T.

Tukie, I wish you were closer. I would love to see ya ride my boy with your legs up like a jocky. :lol:

CowpokeJ":21luenae said:
I went to one of those colt clinics, I'm thinking Curt Pate maybe, if you look at bullriders, they hve a holt off center. This clinician was telling us if you grab the horn it will be no bueno. Better to have a holt on the side.
theres a big difference in a bull than a bronc. first they dont buck the same, bull's hide is loose and alot of em spin. horse for the most part buck strait ahead. the bull rider is without a saddle the riggin off set too keep himself pulled down in the center

ALACOWMAN":2g59wxhj said:
CowpokeJ":2g59wxhj said:
theres a big difference in a bull than a bronc. first they dont buck the same, bull's hide is loose and alot of em spin. horse for the most part buck strait ahead. the bull rider is without a saddle the riggin off set too keep himself pulled down in the center

Alacowman, I am glad you qualified that with "for the most part". :lol: I got a smart boy, he will go down with the head, and then turn right or left and spin. :shock:

flaboy-":3ts4j3y4 said:
ALACOWMAN":3ts4j3y4 said:
CowpokeJ":3ts4j3y4 said:

Alacowman, I am glad you qualified that with "for the most part". :lol: I got a smart boy, he will go down with the head, and then turn right or left and spin. :shock:
well theres always exceptions to the rule ;-)

flaboy-":jyh3c7jy said:
tukie":jyh3c7jy said:
T.

Tukie, I wish you were closer. I would love to see ya ride my boy with your legs up like a jocky. :lol:

I bet you would...they all laugh, but I haven't been thrown in front of anyone YET.......lol...I figure it's because I am too old to hit the ground, so I am not going too....good thing I live over here and you over there so I don't have to test the theory.
T.

mid-tn country boy":23hc3dlj said:
What are you calling a night latch? how is it attached to the sadle?

It's a rope handle for beginners and some old toots like me. Look up a few posts and you will see a link that explains it.

Latest posts