Colored Round Bale Twine

Help Support CattleToday:

etmountianman71

Reaction score
Does anyone on here use any colored round bale twine? I use the plastic orange twine on our bales and notice it is sometimes hard to see. So I thought about looking into the different colors available. Any suggestions?

We here are just stuck with what the NH dealer has.. Orange was pretty good for us, but they switched to blue about 5 years ago, works fine too.

I always thought the color had to do with the grade of the twine. The orange stuff like you get at tractor supply is really cheap stuff and the first round baler I had would not cut it no matter how sharp the blades were. I use the blue and white stuff now. It's heavy duty and I have no problem cutting it.

Thanks, yes the twine is from Tractor supply simply because it was $28.
Where are you buying the blue?

I use the blue from my NH dealer and when I can get it, the red also. I alternate the red & blue to let me know when half the twine is out. Load 2 rolls of blue on top and 2 rolls of red on the bottom. When I see all red I know the top is empty and I will stop and add blue to the top if I have a lot more to bale. :tiphat:

The blue from the NH dealer is also 7200ft per ROLL, not per box (2 rolls) like it used to be. fits fine in our baler and just means we don't need to stop as often... I bale tight and if the baler is going to mess up, it's often when it has to go from one roll to the next.. and you know you never have the left roll and right roll running out on the same bale anyhow.

Well done some chasing and found that the New Holland dealers here in ET do not carry the blue twine. Also found that Tractor Supply shows some "Texas Twister" online (not available to buy) and shows up to be in the stores, but all stores here carry orange and supposedly cannot order. Might have to make a trip to Texas :). So I called the distributor Ambraco and they have plenty, but do not sell to individuals. So in the process of getting it through a business, but have to buy a whole pallet.
Thanks for the input.

Latest posts