Cold

Help Support CattleToday:

For sure, nothing fun about it MurraysMutts.

Never thought i'd be happy about 10 degrees, but we finally made it back to there, and I kinda am. Looks like we might dip back into the single digits tomorrow night if it clears off, but at least we should be done with negatives. We hit -11 here this morning...
-14 this morning and my MTZ/Belarus 1220 fired off just fine. After running 40 minutes I had to pull my coat and hat off to keep from sweating in the cab. The engine never did warm up to normal even with a cardboard blocking the radiator.. Spent all day yesterday moving snow.. I have 70 head on a small place to keep them alive. Everything is on all fours this morning.

For sure, nothing fun about it MurraysMutts.

Never thought i'd be happy about 10 degrees, but we finally made it back to there, and I kinda am. Looks like we might dip back into the single digits tomorrow night if it clears off, but at least we should be done with negatives. We hit -11 here this morning...
I agree! Minus teens here this am too. Then the sun came out!! Glory glory!
4 to 8 inches of snow tonight they say...

I35 from Dallas to Austin will be getting ice again tonight, not above freezing until Thursday afternoon. San Antonio May not be too bad, but anything north of it has been crap all week

Hope everyone is faring well

Pipes are fixed
Tractor is fixed

Life is better

Got to 11 today sunny not bad More snow tonight and the ]n the end of this is in sight Thank the good Lord

My Richie's are froze solid. My cows have figured out about eating snow

Temps below zero have diesel gelling in our neck of the woods. The tractor would start but couldn't keep it running. Neighbors work truck has the same issue along with just about everyone else's tractor. Haven't even tried the two diesel trucks today. The skidsteer is running but can't one of the hydraulics unhooked to remove.the grapple and then hook up hay spike but we still have power . Cows still have hay and Friday's high is supposed to be 36. Come on Friday.

PS it started snowing again about 4:30 this afternoon

image.jpeg

I am about five miles from the cows. Could not get out of the drive yesterday. Two wheeled drive ford ranger. Ponds probable froze over and need to hay. would it be better not to hay because of the need for water. Did get above freezing yesterday. Hoping to today. Might be able to set up some water troughs and let it run over and keep running lots of work for this old man. Snow in my yard is still 6 inches deep.
Darn it, they can eat snow for water but can't eat snow for hay. Feed them. They need a full belly to stay warm.

I am about five miles from the cows. Could not get out of the drive yesterday. Two wheeled drive ford ranger. Ponds probable froze over and need to hay. would it be better not to hay because of the need for water. Did get above freezing yesterday. Hoping to today. Might be able to set up some water troughs and let it run over and keep running lots of work for this old man. Snow in my yard is still 6 inches deep.
Feed your cows and open a hole in the ice for them to drink. We do it every day in two to four feet of snow.

We got that 4 to 8 last night. Nice calm snow. Wind stayed away. Still got water. And now the sun is shining!
We might get thru this yet...
👍
We got a layer of ice last night. I would say that travel conditions are the worst they've been. It is warmer 23 this morning. There's pretty much no choice but graze snow right now. There is no running water anywhere. I've been feeding wcs and cubes on the snow hoping they will figure out it's water. All gates are open so they can go where they please. Don't know what else to do.

Latest posts