Cold

Help Support CattleToday:

Had power all night last night. Getting a little warmer and I hear the got that big nuclear plant back up.
I'm wondering how our grasses are going to take this. 0 degrees could wipe out years of work I've spent on improving grasses. .......I wonder how cold does it have to get to kill californians????
:giggle:

The net wrap is fun when it has an inch of ice on it!
That would be me, scaling the bale ring and essentially crawling under the netting/snow/ice to get it off. There's something inherently wrong about breaking into a sweat while wearing 20 lbs. of outerwear when it's in the negative wind chills. But you gotta think outside the box & do whatcha gotta do!

About 50 years ago while in college, I worked part time at a little feedlot. Tons of starlings on the corn silage pile. Another guy and I loaded up 12 ga shotguns with #8 shot trap loads. We stepped around the silage pile. Several thousand starlings went to the air in a black cloud. As we unloaded our guns there was round holes in the black cloud. I have no idea how many we got but the ground was littered with dead starlings.

About 50 years ago while in college, I worked part time at a little feedlot. Tons of starlings on the corn silage pile. Another guy and I loaded up 12 ga shotguns with #8 shot trap loads. We stepped around the silage pile. Several thousand starlings went to the air in a black cloud. As we unloaded our guns there was round holes in the black cloud. I have no idea how many we got but the ground was littered with dead starlings.
I bet it was only the proverbial drop in the bucket worth too. The flocks I have seen on the ricefields farther south and over in La number in the tens of thousands.
Too bad they banned punt guns...

A man could make a small fortune right now if he had a semi truck load of PVC pipe and fittings, and glue/primer for it. Shark or gator bite fittings too. Lowes, The Home Depot, McCoys & all the locals sold out early this morning on 3/4 stuff.

Had power all night last night. Getting a little warmer and I hear the got that big nuclear plant back up.
I'm wondering how our grasses are going to take this. 0 degrees could wipe out years of work I've spent on improving grasses. .......I wonder how cold does it have to get to kill californians????
I was wondering about the grass also. Coastal, titon 85 and bahai are limited by the cold and can be grown just so far north. May not have anything but goat weed left.

Latest posts