Coffee Shop Coffee

Help Support CattleToday:

VAStocker

Reaction score
I'm a coffee fanatic I love the stuff black and strong maxwell house most of the time. Has any one tried grinding there on beans and is it any better?

VAStocker":1v24grmd said:
I'm a coffee fanatic I love the stuff black and strong maxwell house most of the time. Has any one tried grinding there on beans and is it any better?

Although Maxwell House puts out a very good ground coffee, I honestly believe grinding the beans yourself makes for a better cup of coffee. According to what I've read on this subject, it also makes for a higher caffeine kick - so beware!

Community is the only type of coffee that a self respecting cajun will drink. I can still remember going to my grandfather's house and the smell of coffee hitting me as a kid. Nice, real nice.

Herefordcross":1dcn7cv1 said:
I drank ONE cup of that stuff one time and was squirting for a day and a half.

Now Hcross,

If our rich cajun food don't give us the squirts, do you think a cup of coffee will?

cypressfarms":2eo1ngru said:
Community is the only type of coffee that a self respecting cajun will drink..
I am still trying to figure out why already ground, packaged coffee cost more than the coffee that you have to measure out of a bulk bin, weigh and package cost the most.

BTW all fresh ground coffee has much more flavor than pre ground ground coffee. Coffee starts loosing it's flavor as soon as it is ground.

The cajuns may have their dark roasted coffee. But until you put one of those thimble size cups of Cuban coffee to your lips you don't know the meaning of caffeine. Expresso may come close, but this stuff is thick, creamy and awfully sweet. Two shots of Cuban coffee will have most normal people bouncing off the walls. Been there, done that :D

Jack

VAStocker":1nuk6cbt said:

If you are a true coffee fanatic, you won't regret investing in your own burr coffee grinder and experimenting until you find the perfect brand of bean for your taste. From then on, it's heavenly.

I bought Community Coffee for several years, mail order. They finally priced themselves out of my range.
Now I buy whatever says "100% Columbian" on the can. Usually very good, even from Dollar General.

From what I understand, coffee is better when freshly ground. To keep "some" of the quality it is supposed to be kept in fridge. Here in the Northwest coffee is HUGE! There literally is a Starbucks on almost every corner with another little coffee stand elsewhere. A cup from one of these places is $3.00 plus tax! I have not liked coffee since forever and then I had surgery in april and I love it! Weird huh! I emailed some of the coffee companies to see if they would send some samples to try because as I have found out, ALL coffee taste different and I wouldn't want to go and buy a product for $7-12 and hate the taste. Waiting for some of the samples to come.
I'll let you know what I recieve.
applepie

john250":3rm3k6ky said:
I bought Community Coffee for several years, mail order. They finally priced themselves out of my range.
Now I buy whatever says "100% Columbian" on the can. Usually very good, even from Dollar General.

I buy 16oz. pounds of Community NOB at HEB for about $3.75. One of the things I like about Community over even CDM (Cafe du Monde) is they don't roast the beans to death. When you pour a cup you can see a film of the bean oil on the surface.Z

MillIronQH":3g62t3uh said:
john250":3g62t3uh said:

I buy 16oz. pounds of Community NOB at HEB for about $3.75. One of the things I like about Community over even CDM (Cafe du Monde) is they don't roast the beans to death. When you pour a cup you can see a film of the bean oil on the surface.Z

It has been a long time, I don't remember exactly what I was paying at the time. I'd pay 3.75 for a lb, but then I'd have to ship it. Maybe I need to go down to N'Orleans and pick it up. It's about to get cold up here and that sounds like a darn fine idea.

My coffe maker has a grinder on it so I can use either beans or pre ground coffee. The fresh ground coffee is the best but I probably use more pre ground coffee than grinding my own just to save time in the mornings. I usually use maxwell House but have used Community as well as several others. Right now I'm using Chase and Sanborn. I love strong black coffee, espresso and even coffee with chicory. About the only thing I ever add to my coffee is Bailey's Irish cream sometimes at night, the rest of the time I drink it black.

VAStocker":35pp3lxg said:

Two years ago Christmas I bought my husband a coffee grinder because he thought that was the be-all end-all. But it gets to be a pain grinding those beans and it makes a mess. Especially when I am the one that ended up doing it when the new wore off.

I'm bank to pre-ground. I honestly can't tell a difference. Coffee's coffee. Maxwell house is as good as any. I buy store brand, too. Whatever is on special. I still get beans occasionally. The HEB sells a "Taste of San Antonio" flavor that's real good. Avoid the chocolate stuff whatever you do. Gross!!!!

john250":1j91wtoo said:
cfpinz":1j91wtoo said:
I like just a hint of coffee with my cream and sugar.

cfpinz

I like a little Jack, or the equivalent, in my evening coffee.

I like my coffee like I like my men. Sweet and light!

Latest posts