coffee drinkers

Help Support CattleToday:

Folgers hot and black. First cup my dad let me have was 4:00 a.m. on way to cinninati stockyards. Might have been 12 - 13. Said if you gonna drink it drink it black. All the haulers would meet little mom and pop restaurant. Been 40 years ago. Those were the good old days.

Surprised so many if you can afford Folgers ;). I grind my own beans. I usually have some Costa Rico medium or dark roast that is processed here locally. I have a dude I know get it for me at Costco so it's pretty cheap. HEB ( big regional grocer) also keeps quite a few different beans in stock that gives some flavor choices. I like the Bavarian hazelnut and some stuff called RioGrande special that has a hint if orange. Black w a little sugar if I feel hungry in the morning. I usually drink it untill lunch then once I've eaten I notice I don't care for any more hot coffee. A lot of days I'll have a cold glass for a snack in the afternoon.

I love my Montana Coffee Traders coffee. Love the Montana Morning and Sail at Morning. Also enjoy their flavored coffees.
Cream and sugar in mine at home, but French vanilla creamer at work. Anything to kill the taste of that cheap coffee we drink there.

Edit to say this post was addressed to kingfisher.........

I met a man from Costa Rica a couple weeks ago. I had put on a fresh pot of coffee for him before he arrived because he was making a drop-off, then headed back out. He commented that the coffee was real good. I commented that it probably wasn't as good as the fresh stuff in Costa. He told me they send all the good stuff to USA, and they get the leftovers down there. Maybe he was just trying to compliment me for fixing up a fresh batch for him????

3waycross":yvlylkh2 said:
I like Folgers but the wife is hooked on Starbucks house blend so that's what we drink. Brewed VERY strong.

I like it black and straight...........

after dinner some French Roast or a European blend is OK but it has to be strong enuf to float a spoon!
Exact same scenario here. Strong as motor oil, no sugar, no cream, not shaken, not stirred. Wife has slowly ousted my Folgers with Starbucks.

I bought a small can of Mexican coffee one time because it was real cheap, I think it was El Pico or Bustello. Go easy with that stuff guys--I had 2 cups of it before I left for work and was wired up so tight I had to pull off the road--couldn't drive.

Only coffee I just will NOT drink is Louisiana Community Coffee. (sorry Ryder, but it tastes like mud.)

greybeard":u3d0jqlx said:
I bought a small can of Mexican coffee one time because it was real cheap, I think it was El Pico or Bustello. Go easy with that stuff guys--I had 2 cups of it before I left for work and was wired up so tight I had to pull off the road--couldn't drive.

Only coffee I just will NOT drink is Louisiana Community Coffee. (sorry Ryder, but it tastes like mud.)

Hmmmmm....you sure all that can of Mexican coffee had in it was coffee?

I might also add that I have that first cup before the pot is through brewing.
Seems I have to have my coffee and nicotine fix as soon as possible. :oops:
I have an old Stanley thermos the stainless steel type that I bought back in the 70's that I pour my coffee in and it still keeps it hot all day.

Cal

Folgers or Maxwell House, strong, black and hot! Occasionally a little cream. Drink a pot myself every day.

Stock up on them when they are on sale.... getting expensive!

Used to drink it with sugar and cream, or flavored sweet cream. Can't do it anymore. Gotta cut calories where I can :nod:

I know Columbia promotes their coffee big time but the best coffee you can get is from Brazil. Awesome flavor and just thick with flavor. Not bitter !!

TexasBred":35w7uxu4 said:
I know Columbia promotes their coffee big time but the best coffee you can get is from Brazil. Awesome flavor and just thick with flavor. Not bitter !!

I know a lot of boutique roasters. I may just have to test that theory out!

Black, with nothing in it. I don't want to be able to see any part of the cup with coffee in it. I enjoy it thick aslo, if it can float a spoon in the cup or horse shoe in the pot its good coffee but will settle for just a good dark cup of coffee since most people dont like it that thick. If I can I will grind my own because I swear it tastes better than pre ground coffee. I also keep it in the freezer, I think it keeps it fresher. I agree that the Costa Rica coffee is good stuff. I was down there two years ago and brought some whole beans back of a dark and medium roast. It was delicious. My sister brought back a little espreso pot from Italy when she went there. She made me a double shot cause I said I wanted a full cup not half a cup. That was deliciouse. It was like drinking mud/sludge from a cup.

Kathy makes all the coffee we drink. We like the dark Columbia and grind the beans. Kathy bought a new Bunn Coffee Maker three years ago, It came with a two year warranty and went bad after twenty three months. They replaced it with a new unit and no questions ask. Kind of off subject but It's the best Coffee Maker we have ever had. We drink two pots each morning, black.

kerley":omsroddo said:
Kathy makes all the coffee we drink. We like the dark Columbia and grind the beans. Kathy bought a new Bunn Coffee Maker three years ago, It came with a two year warranty and went bad after twenty three months. They replaced it with a new unit and no questions ask. Kind of off subject but It's the best Coffee Maker we have ever had. We drink two pots each morning, black.

Bunn has been making commercial coffee makers for many years. They should have it figured out by now!

BTW i like our Mr Coffee we have had it for at least 4 years and the best feature is the choice of brewing temps.

Be adivised all ya'll that there are two real killers in making coffee with a brewer. Over extracting and underextracting. The both have their flaws. The real key is to experiment with different loads and temps until you find what you like and keeping the minerals cleaned out of your brewer!

Growing up my Grandmother used to roast the beans herself, no idea where it came from as I was too young, I do remember the process though. Thick heavy based cast iron pan, low heat, moving them around constantly adding sugar bit by bit, I still remember the smell, brings back fond memories.

I drink mine strong, with just a drop of milk, refuse to count how many cups a day!

3waycross":27v4dr6v said:
TexasBred":27v4dr6v said:

I know a lot of boutique roasters. I may just have to test that theory out!

You'll love it. They also have an awesome soda... "Guarana"....never tried it as a "mixer". :lol2:

We have a great little coffee company here in Central Oregon - Sisters Coffee Company - they have a blend called Black Butte Gold that would be as good as anything I'd say. Plus we like to shop local. You can find them and order online.

Folgers black silk at home and whatever they buy at work during the week. Normally 2 cups of a morning black and maybe another cup or two in the afternoon.

Latest posts