Cocked head

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest

Reaction score
At the sale today a heifer came through with her head cocked to the right with her war tucked up tight. Why?

Very slim chance, Brain injury/stroke. I had one cow have a stroke and she wandered around like a retarded kid, and had the same cocked head. She fell or laid down wrong in some mud and I had to put her down.

Nesikep":mpmtaecz said:
Very slim chance, Brain injury/stroke. I had one cow have a stroke and she wandered around like a retarded kid, and had the same cocked head. She fell or laid down wrong in some mud and I had to put her down.

Nesi my kids informed me that the use "R" word is now punishable by suspension. Glad I'm not in school anymore......:)

AllForage":quxuky4u said:
Nesikep":quxuky4u said:

Nesi my kids informed me that the use "R" word is now punishable by suspension. Glad I'm not in school anymore......:)

Well that's retarded.

:lol2:

I have a heifer that has cocked her head her entire life. She should calf early next spring and is healthy as any cow you've ever seen. No idea why it's like that but it doesn't seem to affect her.

KW

I am not known to be politically correct.. I maintain that the intent of the words mean more than the words themselves.

Anyhow, yes, it could well be remnants of an ear infection

I have a cow that has a slightly crooked mouth, teeth are fine and all, just the lips/snout don't quite line up square.. She's the mother of my nicest heifers and my bull calf.

My vote would be for 1)ear infection, 2) ear mites, 3) injury, 4) brain defugalty

Dave":vyxtlkp5 said:
I see one like that at the sale nearly every week. The auctioneer always says that she is listening for the train.

That's pretty funny!

Dave":2bpnwzh0 said:
I see one like that at the sale nearly every week. The auctioneer always says that she is listening for the train.

Our auctioneer always says she's a one of kind boys, guaranteed not to see another like her today.

Latest posts