Working pen (small) 10 head

Help Support CattleToday:

One guy told me 20 dollar per foot for labor and pipe and one guy told me told me 2280 for a 2280 labor and pipe

ClinchValley":h7822dlf said:
If there is any chance you'll have more cattle in the future, make it larger. You could always put a large trap before the pen starts. Slowly feed you pen from the larger trap. Keeps the pressure off your panels.

When I built ours last Fall, I asked every person around us for advice. Looked at theirs, asked what they would change if they could do it over. Got a lot of good ideas, some I used, some I wish had've. Ended up getting volunteer help even.

Like building anything, go 30-50 percent larger than you think you need at the present time.
But you still didn't look at the best one around. Lol
That's as good of advice as you can get. Lots of people here have looked at my pens just to get ideas. It might not be perfect for everyone but it's great for me

kenny thomas":2yqhm4mz said:
ClinchValley":2yqhm4mz said:
If there is any chance you'll have more cattle in the future, make it larger. You could always put a large trap before the pen starts. Slowly feed you pen from the larger trap. Keeps the pressure off your panels.

When I built ours last Fall, I asked every person around us for advice. Looked at theirs, asked what they would change if they could do it over. Got a lot of good ideas, some I used, some I wish had've. Ended up getting volunteer help even.

Like building anything, go 30-50 percent larger than you think you need at the present time.
But you still didn't look at the best one around. Lol
That's as good of advice as you can get. Lots of people here have looked at my pens just to get ideas. It might not be perfect for everyone but it's great for me
yeah I've been asking and looking around What's a good size catch pen and could i use barbed for the catch pen 5 lines of barb wire the main part as well I want a corral pen to wean calves This upcoming yr. I'll do the catch pen myself and hire someone to do the welded pens.

You don't want to use barb wire anywhere that you will be pushing cattle or where they realize they are being caught. My pen for the group that feeds the sorting alley is Bull panels over net wire, posts on 8' centers.

OleScout":x869htoo said:
You don't want to use barb wire anywhere that you will be pushing cattle or where they realize they are being caught. My pen for the group that feeds the sorting alley is Bull panels over net wire, posts on 8' centers.
Electric would that work or heavy duty panels

Latest posts