Christmas=Pajama day

Help Support CattleToday:

I am pretty sure it's solely for people who don't have to work the day of Christmas. I certainly wasn't in pj's but I know my oldest sister and her kids were. They live in the city.

OwnedByTheCow":jpm9icy5 said:
I am pretty sure it's solely for people who don't have to work the day of Christmas. I certainly wasn't in pj's but I know my oldest sister and her kids were. They live in the city.
Well, livestock and their needs don't take off for holidays, so we don't take the whole day off either.
Even this far south, hay still has to go out, cubes fed, cows/calves counted and looked at.
I'm sure it's much more tedious farther North, but then again, the folks up North may be better set up for frigid weather than I am.
I felt pretty bad Christmas Day, but had a house full of guests, and had some new calves on the ground and just couldn't stay in with my company tho I really really wanted to. About 11 am, a neighbor called and said there was a cow in her front yard and wanted to know if it was mine (it wasn't) so I had to go down and lead it out of her yard and put it into one of my pastures till someone shows up to claim it. Cold (for us anyway) wet and nasty this year and my cows haven't really put on a thick hair coat, so I do worry about 'em (probably more than I need to).

I can't stand seeing people in public wearing pj's. But if they want to spend the day in the house wearing them that's their business. I got cows to feed :cboy:

Latest posts