China made products

Help Support CattleToday:

I try to buy products that are American made when I can. I buy the Justin workboots that are American made and roundhouse overalls that are American made, some carhartt stuff is American made. Wrangler jeans are made in Mexico but with US cotton, if had my preference dealing with a foreign country I'd rather it be Mexico. A lot of products are hard to find American made or if you find them they cost 3 times what a foreign made one cost. Part of the problem is Americans are addicted to consumerism, got to have the newest and latest and greatest, they don't care if it lasts because they want to buy a new one next year anyway. My wife and son laugh at me because I still wear button down shirts that I bought 15 years ago. I drive a 18 year old truck and have an atv that's a 86 model, I'm not trying to impress anyone but most Americans are trying to keep up with the Jones' not realizing the Jones's are broke and in debt.

China has to make money from somewhere to be able to buy the farmers products from America. Consumers spend on Chinese products and the Chinese in turn spend the money of Agricultural products from America. The Ag products support a lot of industries in America I will not name any but maybe you can figure it out. Tariffs are nothing more than a tax on consumers buying the products China does not pay the Tariffs the cost is passed on to the last buyer of a product from China. I am not defending China in any way just trying to present facts.

I remember very well when Nixon told the public we are going to change from an industrial based economy to a service based economy. As a less than brilliant less than sober 20 year old I thought is this man insane. Now, about 50 years later we are reaping what was sowed.
My shadow does not cross WalMart's door. years ago I went there a couple of times. Saw what the quality of the products they were selling was and never went back. I search out and buy quality. I buy American made Danner work boots. American made Filson outer wear clothing. The motto at Filson is "might as well have the best". That is what I want, the best. The fact is in the long run it is less expensive because it out last those cheap import goods many times over.
Back when I was working three of us were in Spokane for a workshop. One of the guys wore White's boots which are hand made in Spokane. We stopped in at their store. Co-worker #2 wore some cheap import boots. He was shocked at the cost of a pair of White's. We asked him what his cost and how long they lasted. In doing the math we were able to calculate that his cheap imports cost him a lot more than a single pair of White's would have.

China has taken a lot of out products, ignored patients and copyrights, reproduced them and sell back to us a lot cheaper. Also the quality of their products are getting better and better. When it comes to plastic China is as good as any US products. The tariffs leveled the playing field somewhat so Americans could produce goods that are competitive with China price wise. No doubt they are working, but the big question is how long will we continue?

China has taken a lot of out products, ignored patients and copyrights, reproduced them and sell back to us a lot cheaper. Also the quality of their products are getting better and better. When it comes to plastic China is as good as any US products. The tariffs leveled the playing field somewhat so Americans could produce goods that are competitive with China price wise. No doubt they are working, but the big question is how long will we continue?
About 7 mores weeks I suspect.

Does anyone remember Sam Walton - founder of Walmart. When he was alive and running his little company, his ads said "proudly made in the USA". That obviously did not last due to "supply and demand".

I've got no problem building a wall round China
With that said Walmart came from humble beginnings...don't get to successful in the US A folks will turn on you. Soon enough Amazon will get em and y'all can hate them for being successful.

As far as jobs in the USA

#2. Walmart
#3. Amazon

And by a Landslide the winner is
The Federal government.............

If we're going to make everything in America with American labor that's great.
First your gonna have to figure out how to make a lot more Americans work..
That is an issue. My guess is that the quickest way would be to make them hungry. The trouble is I don't think that would be allowed politically.

If we're going to make everything in America with American labor that's great.
First your gonna have to figure out how to make a lot more Americans work..
If we depended on all the work here to be done by native born citizens, there would be very little fresh meat and vegetables. Might only have imported "beef jerky" and sausage for our protein.

I remember very well when Nixon told the public we are going to change from an industrial based economy to a service based economy. As a less than brilliant less than sober 20 year old I thought is this man insane. Now, about 50 years later we are reaping what was sowed.
My shadow does not cross WalMart's door. years ago I went there a couple of times. Saw what the quality of the products they were selling was and never went back. I search out and buy quality. I buy American made Danner work boots. American made Filson outer wear clothing. The motto at Filson is "might as well have the best". That is what I want, the best. The fact is in the long run it is less expensive because it out last those cheap import goods many times over.
Back when I was working three of us were in Spokane for a workshop. One of the guys wore White's boots which are hand made in Spokane. We stopped in at their store. Co-worker #2 wore some cheap import boots. He was shocked at the cost of a pair of White's. We asked him what his cost and how long they lasted. In doing the math we were able to calculate that his cheap imports cost him a lot more than a single pair of White's would have.
Dave i am just like you i buy only Danner work boots. I was an iorn worker up until i turned 31 years old. During thoes years there were a few good quality work boots that you could choose from. Red wing made a descent work boot. I hear some red wing boots are still made in the U.S. although i don't know of any around. Wolverine made a quality work boot. Thoes brand names use to mean quailty. You can still buy thoes brand name boots here in the U.S. Still cost as much as and more than they did when they were made with quailty in mind. But now they are imported from other countries but are cheap made, poor quailty made peaces of crap.

Thats the way over 90 % of products sold in America is now.

Dave i am just like you i buy only Danner work boots. I was an iorn worker up until i turned 31 years old. During thoes years there were a few good quality work boots that you could choose from. Red wing made a descent work boot. I hear some red wing boots are still made in the U.S. although i don't know of any around. Wolverine made a quality work boot. Thoes brand names use to mean quailty. You can still buy thoes brand name boots here in the U.S. Still cost as much as and more than they did when they were made with quailty in mind. But now they are imported from other countries but are cheap made, poor quailty made peaces of crap.

Thats the way over 90 % of products sold in America is now.
And thoes brand names are like a duck decoys to lure consumers in to buy these foreing made products.

But even the consumers are starting to wise up to the fact that brand names of items that were once manufactured in the U.S. but are now imported from other countries don't mean nothing anymore except on a few American made items that are srill made in America anymore.

China has to make money from somewhere to be able to buy the farmers products from America. Consumers spend on Chinese products and the Chinese in turn spend the money of Agricultural products from America. The Ag products support a lot of industries in America I will not name any but maybe you can figure it out. Tariffs are nothing more than a tax on consumers buying the products China does not pay the Tariffs the cost is passed on to the last buyer of a product from China. I am not defending China in any way just trying to present facts.
Don't misuderstand my point here. I don't have any problem with trade with other countries.

But if these other countries like China wants to sale cheap made poor quality products to the U.S .

We here in the U.S. return the favor. You talking about thoes poor Chinese needing to make money to buy our Agriculture products. Well lets help them the same as they help us.

Why had a perfectly fine young cow try to have a calf in the middle of the night to prolapse and bleed out. Found her dead the next moring. Had a 600 lb steer die the same night. A friend lost 14 from a lightning strike.

That stuff happens all over the U.S. every day. China wants to sale us crap products to make money to buy Argiculture products from the U.S

Lets accommodate them with the same quailty meat, grain products like the products they sale us.

I would have been more than happy to have sold that cow and steer to them. I am sure farmers who lose cattle to lighten would like a market for thoes cattle. I have a row crop farmer who is a friend who had a wole harper of soy beans get rained on and mildewed because of it.

But now lets do unto our Chinese neighbors like they are doing to us and sale these products at premium prices because i need the money to buy their junk products just like they need to make money to buy our Agriculture products.

And thoes brand names are like a duck decoys to lure consumers in to buy these foreing made products.

But even the consumers are starting to wise up to the fact that brand names of items that were once manufactured in the U.S. but are now imported from other countries don't mean nothing anymore except on a few American made items that are srill made in America anymore.
That is why I said "American" made Danner boots. Not all of Danner's boot line is made in America. Some of their boots are made in China. So I take the time to look for the made in America label. I try my best to buy USA products first. Then Canada or Mexico. Next I will look at western Europe. Last any place in the world other than China.

That is why I said "American" made Danner boots. Not all of Danner's boot line is made in America. Some of their boots are made in China. So I take the time to look for the made in America label. I try my best to buy USA products first. Then Canada or Mexico. Next I will look at western Europe. Last any place in the world other than China.
I didn't know that some Danner boots were made in China too. I knew from the way my Danners were holding up that they made in the USA before i picked them up and looked to confirm they were after reading your reply.

I get a new pair every two years. I have a pair that is six years old that i wear to feed in and when working in the mud.

I would still wear them daily if it wasn't for them smelling so bad !!! Lol ! If it weren't for the wife complaining about that i would still wear them more than i do now !

I didn't know that some Danner boots were made in China too. I knew from the way my Danners were holding up that they made in the USA before i picked them up and looked to confirm they were after reading your reply.

I get a new pair every two years. I have a pair that is six years old that i wear to feed in and when working in the mud.

I would still wear them daily if it wasn't for them smelling so bad !!! Lol ! If it weren't for the wife complaining about that i would still wear them more than i do now !
Funny thing bout irony.....not everyone gets it....lol

Yea and you have to be careful w that " flag emblem " some manufacturers " stick on their merchandise. Was in a western wear store the other day and the hook holding the belts up had a USA flag on it but the belt was stamped " made in China". It's still there.....

If you want ONE of the causes of this, Look up some history of Henry Ford and his fight with shareholders... Long story short, He wanted to implement changes that would improve the product, but it would cost some money at least in the short term... Shareholders blocked that and took him to court, he lost.. He apparently was able to buy them out and implement the changes anyhow, which was good for the company and the consumer

His motto was to build the BEST product, and the LOWEST price, paying the HIGHEST wages possible
Now, all corporate mottos are the exact opposite, make the worst product you can still sell, charge as much as the market can possibly bear, and pay peanuts if you can

Too many companies start out with a decent product, make it domestically, you buy it and like it, next time you go to buy it, it's $10 more and made in china, Boots are a great example of this... and they often fail in areas that would have cost pennies to improve.. Muck boots are SO thin in some places, and the cost of rubber to improve that area would have cost nothing... And at over $120 CAD/90 USD, they certainly aren't cheap... I'm happy if I buy a boot for winter in the fall, and it even makes it to the beginning of winter before it starts to fall apart

Told a lady working in the boot section of a local western store that I wanted to see some of their American made boots, she pointed me to a pair and when I looked at the tag it said made in Mexico. I said "mam, these are made in Mexico not America" in which she replied " hun, Mexico is in America". You can't make that kind of ignorance up, I just walked off.

If you want ONE of the causes of this, Look up some history of Henry Ford and his fight with shareholders... Long story short, He wanted to implement changes that would improve the product, but it would cost some money at least in the short term... Shareholders blocked that and took him to court, he lost.. He apparently was able to buy them out and implement the changes anyhow, which was good for the company and the consumer

His motto was to build the BEST product, and the LOWEST price, paying the HIGHEST wages possible
Now, all corporate mottos are the exact opposite, make the worst product you can still sell, charge as much as the market can possibly bear, and pay peanuts if you can
That's why if I am driving I am chasing a blue oval down the road!

Latest posts