Children and Storms

Help Support CattleToday:

Chuckie":2ohqp2ur said:
Sounds like you high tailed it outa there!

No, didn't see the storm coming over the trees till it was too late, only left to get out of the rain behind it. Luckily the tornado didn't completely touch down till it got a mile past me, where it took out the fence. It left an impression looking straight up in the swirling clouds of a forming tornado.

I'm not afraid of storms, but I have respect for the big tornadoes that come through. I don't trust modern construction. Drove past and into that Moore tornado path many times and the width and damage of it all just makes you appreciate the awesomeness of nature. I was in the south central part of the state the day it hit and cutting across the storms path in front of it (I believe it was probably the same highway the graybeard wrote about one day here, where you go over th Washita River about 50 times). I can't remember how many storm chaser's I counted but there were over 12 for sure, they were coming up out of Texas even. I figured it was going to be a doozy.

That's when I developed my storm chaser to storm intensity direct correlation theory.

1 storm chaser- something might happen, possibly hail. 2 storm chasers- should be a good storm, probably hail or good winds, possibly a tornado. 3 to 5 storm chasers- I'm going below ground and will listen for reports. 5 storm chasers and above- find a new location with fewer storm chasers.