Chicken dish

Help Support CattleToday:

4hfarms

Reaction score
Ok so I was told to submit this by my wife.....

A little background on me.
I ran a pizza place in South side of Chicago in the 80s during my high school years, moved to Fl and started as a fry cook in a 3 star seafood restaurant until 6 years later (4 star) I was running the kitchen after my chef left for a better position, and I have also worked as a grill cook at the busiest Longhorn steakhouse in the country for 6 years after I retired from the Army.
So just know that, I love food and live to create.

Chicken breast made tender by mallet. Breded in seasoned ( salt pepper garlic) flour after an egg bath (whipped egg and a spot of heavy cream) fried in melted butter on medium heat until brown on one side. When you flip the chicken in the pan add a table spoon of your favorite mustard, cooked crumbled bacon, more black or hot pepper, a clove of fresh chopped garlic and heavy whipping cream (enough cream to go around the pan) it will bubble, so mix while cooking the cream down (reducing) by moving the chicken around the pan, it takes time. Reducing it to a thick sauce. Obviously, before burning. Learn from experience as you go. If the sauce breaks ( shows the butter) it's too hot and more heavy cream is needed and turn down the heat a bit.
At this point you are kinda cooking the chicken so you can add extras. Cream distributes flavor well, so be a little shy on raw ingredients. (Add veggies if you choose before cream) If you add cheese, do it right before serving, it breaks/burns easy. Parmesan works well with it. If you add seafood, Shrimp at the end before cheese wait 2 min then cheese, or scallops just before you add cream, way back in the recipe. Depending on ingredients, this is great over pasta or your choice or rice of any sort.

I cooked this for my girlfriend 23years ago in the barracks kitchen, now my wife. I did just chicken, mustard and bacon with garlic, pepper in cream sauce over pasta topped with sprinkled raw green onion after it was plated.

Latest posts