Chiangus Cattle in Tx

Help Support CattleToday:

gmoreland

Reaction score
I am looking for about 4 Chiangus (chianina x angus) heifers for sale in the Central Tx region. I've seen a lot of bulls for sale but I cant find any heifers. Just wondering if anyone would know any for sale :)

The Chi association has some pretty relaxed ideas about their breed purity.

To wit ... I think if in 1978 a fullblood Chi bull sneezed on a cow (who was bred by a bull of a different breed) before she boarded a trailer heading to a large commercial operation (where she lived a long and productive life), could be registered Chi, along with any of her offspring, and all the other cattle on the trailer with the cow that got sneezed on and all of their offspring could be registered Chi as long as the percentage didn't drop below 1%.

While the above is a bit tongue in cheek, finding a true F1 (fullblood Chi bull on a registered Angus) wikl be very difficult, finding something registered as a Chi - Angus shouldn't be too hard. Heck, many / most club calves have Chi influence.

Good luck.

PS - I believe there is a Chi association in the US ... let google be your friend.

WalnutCrest":34x8eykf said:
The Chi association has some pretty relaxed ideas about their breed purity.

To wit ... I think if in 1978 a fullblood Chi bull sneezed on a cow (who was bred by a bull of a different breed) before she boarded a trailer heading to a large commercial operation (where she lived a long and productive life), could be registered Chi, along with any of her offspring, and all the other cattle on the trailer with the cow that got sneezed on and all of their offspring could be registered Chi as long as the percentage didn't drop below 1%.

While the above is a bit tongue in cheek, finding a true F1 (fullblood Chi bull on a registered Angus) wikl be very difficult, finding something registered as a Chi - Angus shouldn't be too hard. Heck, many / most club calves have Chi influence.

Good luck.

PS - I believe there is a Chi association in the US ... let google be your friend.

So true SH is almost as bad.

I got in my head, a few years ago, to buy a chi angus bull. I bought one, and he ended up having a crooked penis (probably not a breed characteristic). Long story short, the percentage of Chi in most chi angus, is negligible at best.

Bigfoot":a68nvudo said:
I got in my head, a few years ago, to buy a chi angus bull. I bought one, and he ended up having a crooked penis (probably not a breed characteristic). Long story short, the percentage of Chi in most chi angus, is negligible at best.
:lol: did he have to stand on the right or left side to work.
Never heard that one before BF.

Caustic Burno":3skbtuw8 said:
Bigfoot":3skbtuw8 said:
:lol: did he have to stand on the right or left side to work.
Never heard that one before BF.

That one made 2 I had, almost back to back. Both passed a sperm test to, so they cost me a little on my breeding season. The Char, accidently bred a sprinkling of cows, which added to the confusion. I happened to be riding by him one day, and saw the fiasco. After that, I watch every new bull for penetration. That's how I caught the Chi.