cheap horse fencing!?!?

Help Support CattleToday:

christina1029

Reaction score
Want to know if anyone has any tips on building a fence for cheap. Every place I look it's at least $400 in just fence posts which is NOT what I want to spend. I need about 100 fence posts about 6' high. If anyone can point me in a good direction of places with good prices let me know!

One strand of smooth hot wire, is all any of mine have. I like a wood post for that job. Post are probably close to 80' apart.

I hate to be the bad guy here, but there is nothing cheap about keeping a horse, unless you are Amish or are a rancher with at least a thousand acres.

my horses are so use to electric fence that I can now keep them in with baling twine....they won't generally try anything that looks like an electric fence....

ohiosteve":381wbya1 said:
I hate to be the bad guy here, but there is nothing cheap about keeping a horse, unless you are Amish or are a rancher with at least a thousand acres.

That's what I was thinking. It goes for any animal though. If you can't afford then fencing you certainly can't afford to give it the care it needs.