• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

cheap horse fencing!?!?

christina1029

Reaction score
Want to know if anyone has any tips on building a fence for cheap. Every place I look it's at least $400 in just fence posts which is NOT what I want to spend. I need about 100 fence posts about 6' high. If anyone can point me in a good direction of places with good prices let me know!

Bigfoot

Reaction score
One strand of smooth hot wire, is all any of mine have. I like a wood post for that job. Post are probably close to 80' apart.

ohiosteve

Reaction score
I hate to be the bad guy here, but there is nothing cheap about keeping a horse, unless you are Amish or are a rancher with at least a thousand acres.

pdfangus

Reaction score
my horses are so use to electric fence that I can now keep them in with baling twine....they won't generally try anything that looks like an electric fence....

Craig Miller

Reaction score
ohiosteve":381wbya1 said:
I hate to be the bad guy here, but there is nothing cheap about keeping a horse, unless you are Amish or are a rancher with at least a thousand acres.

That's what I was thinking. It goes for any animal though. If you can't afford then fencing you certainly can't afford to give it the care it needs.

Latest posts