Chambers, Liberty County Boys

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Ya'll are in trouble, were wet compared to you. Came down to chase some Red's and Specks in Galveston Bay and ya'll are burnt up. I don't remember every seeing this country in this bad a shape before, started looking real bad from Cleveland south.

Well Causitic you just come on back. We just got or first rain in about 4 months...Hope u did well in Trinity Bay, we have been hammering the reds up the river at the locks... Specks have been fair...So come on back tomorrow, we need the rain!

houstoncutter":10lv4e1b said:
Well Causitic you just come on back. We just got or first rain in about 4 months...Hope u did well in Trinity Bay, we have been hammering the reds up the river at the locks... Specks have been fair...So come on back tomorrow, we need the rain!

Did OK on reds in Dickinson Bay picked up a couple flounders, be back the weekend of the 25th and 26th, plan on West bay one day maybe hit the channel up around marker 51 the second day.

LRTX1":1vlfl3sa said:
CB, I got a pond in Florida your more than welcome to come try to catch a few fish out of.

Love to help you out my passion is chasing sow trout. Have to chase reds with the son sometimes as he is ate up about catching reds. I am still after the 32 inch or better trout got the 31". I would rather catch one or two big girls a day and release than a boat load of reds. But you can bet your bottom dollar when I land that 11 pounder or better she is going on the wall.

We aint but an hour away from some real good trout flats, just scared thats not close enough for you to make it rain at my place.

LRTX1":1n2wnu4s said:
We aint but an hour away from some real good trout flats, just scared thats not close enough for you to make it rain at my place.

Got an old fishin partner moved down to Keys, been trying to get me over there. Back when I was totally ate up with chasing big trout fished from the Chandelier Island's to Laugna Madra. There was a time if there was a trout tournament on the coast I was in it, those days are long gone with the Boston Whaler. Back just can't take the roll and chop anymore. I have pretty much resigned to the skinny water fishing.

Caustic Burno":wuru6cmj said:
LRTX1":wuru6cmj said:
CB, I got a pond in Florida your more than welcome to come try to catch a few fish out of.

Love to help you out my passion is chasing sow trout. Have to chase reds with the son sometimes as he is ate up about catching reds. I am still after the 32 inch or better trout got the 31". I would rather catch one or two big girls a day and release than a boat load of reds. But you can bet your bottom dollar when I land that 11 pounder or better she is going on the wall.

So far your doing pretty good on the rain Caustic, of course I think you might have kept a little bit for yourself...lol..........BUT to hang a trout of 32" inchs or better on your wall....shame on you! Take a picture of that ol girl ease her back in the water and let drop those eggs...That ol gal is the equal of a cow that weans a 1000 calf at 205 days and no creep and breeds back on the first service and has done it for 10 years straight...The boran composite mounts look better and will outlast us! Good luck on the hunt, of course we both know a sow that big is only gonna get caught wading in Feb or early March when its brutal on that water. I got a 30" on Frozen Point, at the refudge, wadin in Feb many years back back. Afraid I am too soft for that now....or is that too smart....lol one of the other. Good luck in your quest.

You guys have way better fishing in Tx and La than the Fl keys. If I caught a big trout I would be puttin some hot grease to it. Growing up I got my butt beat for playing with my food. Never could figure out the catch and release of my food.

High Grit, our parks and wildlife department have did a heckav job, considering our crooked polticians in Austin are always raiding their coffers and slashing their budgets...We have a bunch of overworked and underpaid folks doing a great job... We had a terrible freeze back in the mid 80's that just creamed our inshore fishing....but things are looking good again....If you cant catch a mess of small specks on artificials you just aint casting....and using live bait is like shootin ducks in a pond.

houstoncutter":umzrzaas said:
Caustic Burno":umzrzaas said:
LRTX1":umzrzaas said:

So far your doing pretty good on the rain Caustic, of course I think you might have kept a little bit for yourself...lol..........BUT to hang a trout of 32" inchs or better on your wall....shame on you! Take a picture of that ol girl ease her back in the water and let drop those eggs...That ol gal is the equal of a cow that weans a 1000 calf at 205 days and no creep and breeds back on the first service and has done it for 10 years straight...The boran composite mounts look better and will outlast us! Good luck on the hunt, of course we both know a sow that big is only gonna get caught wading in Feb or early March when its brutal on that water. I got a 30" on Frozen Point, at the refudge, wadin in Feb many years back back. Afraid I am too soft for that now....or is that too smart....lol one of the other. Good luck in your quest.

I used to do that dumb stuff as well run a prefectly good boat across they bay and get out of it. You can still do it drifting just have to be super quite and stay hid from the nuts. I have let fish get away versus letting them see a bent rod. There is no etiquette on the bay anymore, we would have never thought of rooting in on someone and spooking em. Secondly if you are not in a 30,000 dollar rig they think you are poor boying it and don't have a clue. When I started on Trinty bay we were uptown in a 15' Yellowjacket molded plywood. Thats why I went to a Carolina Skiff J-16 get in the skinny water on the good days. If I want to hit the open bays I will get in the boys rig. I ain't wadin no more those days are over too. I prefer Seabrook Flats and West Bay October to the end of April. I have a little Honey spot that has won me many a tourney in Galveston Bay thats in protected water.

houstoncutter":1xbv0pcq said:
High Grit, our parks and wildlife department have did a heckav job, considering our crooked polticians in Austin are always raiding their coffers and slashing their budgets...We have a bunch of overworked and underpaid folks doing a great job... We had a terrible freeze back in the mid 80's that just creamed our inshore fishing....but things are looking good again....If you cant catch a mess of small specks on artificials you just aint casting....and using live bait is like shootin ducks in a pond.

Hard to beat a 7 inch Redfin blue and chrome for a big girl in skinny water HC.

houstoncutter":3k7l6bze said:
True CB, but I think a bone colored Jumpin Minnow or a Corky might give it a heckav race.

Never cared much for a Corky I will agree with you on a Jumpin Minnow. A Mirrolure 7M has won me quite a few tourney's . I used to love to use them with a 5000D in case I got frieght trained by a red in the flats, you could crank them right in with that direct drive or they would get off. Back then that was what I wanted didn't have the time to mess with them.
Some low life decided I didn't need my 5000D any longer as well as several others.

Yall use any High Roller top water plugs out your way CB? Got a few black/yeller head High rollers that kill the trout our way most of the time.

LRTX1 ive used em with some sucess, also got introduced to the She Dogs while I was in Florida a few years ago...and lately in the fall I have had good luck with them. Of course if you can find em and I think they may have qiut making em....and that bait is a floating Rattle Trap.....that silver and blue back is a killer all year long.

Latest posts