Chainsaw sharpening

Help Support CattleToday:

Had someone borrow mine without asking. He was nice enough to fill it up with gas - looked at me like I had 2 heads when I asked was the mix right? What mix? Also couldn't believe the saw he burnt up was $600 bucks. He could buy one that size at TSC for $299. Freaking people never cease to amaze me.

I keep one of these as a loaner. I loaned it out last week and it came back unused from the looks of it. :lol:

poulan_front_2.jpg

jltrent":8pnghbts said:
I keep one of these as a loaner. I loaned it out last week and it came back unused from the looks of it. :lol:

poulan_front_2.jpg

You guys are gonna laugh, but I have a 16" poulan older than that one. It is solid green and I think we paid $100 for it in 1999/2000. It is absolutely one of the finest pieces of equipment I own. for a homeowner limb saw, it does a great job for me.

SJB":3q69d63a said:
You guys are gonna laugh, but I have a 16" poulan older than that one. It is solid green and I think we paid $100 for it in 1999/2000. It is absolutely one of the finest pieces of equipment I own. for a homeowner limb saw, it does a great job for me.

I have one of those as well, I think from the late 90s. I keep it in the garage for jobs I don't like to use my Stihl on, like cutting stumps out of my driveway. I don't take care of it, but whenever I need it, it seems to work fine. It'll vibrate the fillings out of your teeth.

TennesseeTuxedo":346jffiw said:
A guy once told me that an Oregon chain on a Husky saw never has to be sharpened.
Yep--also True for any other brand chain on a Husky as well, since they usually won't start or run very long..

M.Magis":1duy6e5h said:
SJB":1duy6e5h said:

I have one of those as well, I think from the late 90s. I keep it in the garage for jobs I don't like to use my Stihl on, like cutting stumps out of my driveway. I don't take care of it, but whenever I need it, it seems to work fine. It'll vibrate the fillings out of your teeth.

Probably an S-24-D. Great little saw. I have one also.

Latest posts