CB--enjoy the next couple days-frost is coming

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":mg4uhfbz said:
Caustic Burno":mg4uhfbz said:
I was in the back pasture box blind before daylight, fired off the heater.
I didn't get off until 9 this morning only third hunt I have made this year I didn't see a deer.
Nothing was stirring here this morning, there is usually a half dozen fox squirrels under the feeder at daylight.
Guess they decided to sleep in this morning as well.

Now CB I sort of went along with the "Geriatric Bow" when you were discussing bow hunting in your advanced years but I never knew you also had a geriatric deer stand. I guess you had the coffee pot set to come on about 5 minutes before you got to the stand too. :cowboy:

All the comforts of home still have to carry my thermos. I have enough propane bottles lined up on the self to stay warm in a blizzard for a week. I was hunting the 8x4 this morning it has a Mr Buddy that will run you out on high.
Now in the morning it is supposed to be 43 I will be back on a ladder stand.
You can bet if it is raining or cold this old dog is getting in a comfortable box stand.
The Rithus brothers don't like cold and rain at all.

After my ladder stand ended up missing in a wind protected area and I spent Wednesday freezing on a climbing stand, I sure thought long and hard about about building a box myself for days like that during rifle season- heater or no heater.

Commercialfarmer":26ttt3fr said:
After my ladder stand ended up missing in a wind protected area and I spent Wednesday freezing on a climbing stand, I sure thought long and hard about about building a box myself for days like that during rifle season- heater or no heater.

I am hunting up in the day today figure I will hit the woods about 9.
If it keeps this slow rain up the decision will be which box stand to sit.
Makes a heck of a difference how long you can sit in comfort.
TB my neighbors stand is close enough to the house he gets his wifi and watches the games while hunting.

Latest posts