Tomorrow
Partly Cloudy73 | 52 °F

Tuesday
Partly Cloudy72 | 36 °F

Wednesday
Partly Cloudy54 | 30 °F

Thursday
Partly Cloudy61 | 46 °F

GB its 2wks early as far as im concerned before it gets cold.the cows hay rings are full.so they can eat hay when it gets to cold.

You can bet your ass when the sun comes up I will be sitting in a deer stand on those cold mornings.

I haven't seen one I would shoot yet, got three in the freezer and didn't fire a shot so far.
Seeing deer just not the one I want.

Caustic Burno":2q74tijh said:
You can bet your ass when the sun comes up I will be sitting in a deer stand on those cold mornings.

I haven't seen one I would shoot yet, got three in the freezer and didn't fire a shot so far.

Best wear the jockey shorts in the morning CB...those old boxers might get a bit airy. :lol2:

TexasBred":3t8pi6ek said:
Caustic Burno":3t8pi6ek said:

Best wear the jockey shorts in the morning CB...those old boxers might get a bit airy. :lol2:

I will be in one of the condo's with a heater looking through glass windows.

Caustic Burno":35w50pdp said:
I will be in one of the condo's with a heater looking through glass windows.

What ever happened to sitting on a couple of 2x4's nailed across a fork?? My how times have changed. Last stand I sat in was made out of a sign across a couple of limbs that said "Alto, Texas..Pop 1322" or something liek that.

TB I just got in watched a couple feed for thirty minutes through the woods.
Nubbin buck and doe hittin the corn acorns here were scare to start with this year and rain has soured the rest.
I didn't get cold till I got on the mule on the way to the house.

I don't think we got a frost after all. Thermometer said 35 this morning just before sunrise, and wind was steady. Warming trend coming--maybe the green will hold till after Thanksgiving now.

(ryegrass is starting to look good now too)

greybeard":18pk5jr3 said:
day

Today
Partly Cloudy73 °F
Partly Cloudy

Tonight
Partly Cloudy 50 °F
Partly Cloudy

................hi...low
Tomorrow
Partly Cloudy73 | 52 °F

Tuesday
Partly Cloudy72 | 36 °F

Wednesday
Partly Cloudy54 | 30 °F

Thursday
Partly Cloudy61 | 46 °F

Oh no!!

Frost is coming!

You guys kill me sometimes.

LOL

CB - time to put on the long undies - wife actually broke my winter coat out yesterday but I am not wearing it yet - still working in a sweat shirt and ball cap even though it is now down to those deadly cold mid 20's F. LOL

Come on up - I will give you a sled for a day and you can roar around the fields at whatever speed you want - snow season is upon us.

Best to all

Bez

Bez this boy really appreciates the invite maybe next summer as I am not wired to operate well below 40 degs.
If the hunting camo requires white I am going further south.
GB had 30 here this morning and I did fire the heater off in the stand.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger GB. It's 24 here this morning with a slight breeze. Sitting 30' high in a oaktree trying not to freeze. The deer are way smarter than this hunter so far today.

highgrit":q8lb3gnm said:
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger GB. It's 24 here this morning with a slight breeze. Sitting 30' high in a oaktree trying not to freeze. The deer are way smarter than this hunter so far today.

I was in the back pasture box blind before daylight, fired off the heater.
I didn't get off until 9 this morning only third hunt I have made this year I didn't see a deer.
Nothing was stirring here this morning, there is usually a half dozen fox squirrels under the feeder at daylight.
Guess they decided to sleep in this morning as well.

Caustic Burno":37vqp4mr said:
highgrit":37vqp4mr said:

I didn't get off until 9 this morning only third hunt I have made this year I didn't see a deer.
Nothing was stirring here this morning, there is usually a half dozen fox squirrels under the feeder at daylight.

Heater!!!???

Now I have heard everything

Had a 4 point buck in the back yard this morning.

Darned does are always getting in the way around here.

Bez

Caustic Burno":19y75soc said:

Now CB I sort of went along with the "Geriatric Bow" when you were discussing bow hunting in your advanced years but I never knew you also had a geriatric deer stand. I guess you had the coffee pot set to come on about 5 minutes before you got to the stand too. :cowboy: