Caustic in Oklahoma??

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen forums where IP addresses were displayed beneath the username... if Macon wants to implement that, I can't think of an argument against it.

To me though, I really don't care if people are posting under more than one name. Gives one some amusement on a dull day, trying to guess who is who. :lol: For all I know, Macon has a full time job posting as dun, msscamp, CB, beefy, SL, BHB, Alice, and Crowder, and does it all for personal amusement. Maybe he's an author and likes manipulating people and trying on different personalities. :lol: :p

Maybe he plays MM too. 8) What do you know about me, anyway? J/K! :lol: :p

In all seriousness... I would like to see CB on the boards, regardless of who or what s/he is.

TNMasterBeefProducer":yv8unsvc said:
Pappy how could that be a compliment? Caustic is a no account no good liar. IS that what you want everyone to know you as?

Better to be known as CAUSTIC than as TTCLM or CATTLEMANFROMOUTERSPACE, or any of the other names you have used :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
At least Caustic was not kicked off the board like your old past personnas :D :D :D :D :D

Herefords.US":1jb1vrr5 said:
Since this was revealed, I've had PMs asking me to join in asking that these IDs be banned and I've also had PMs stating that MY ID should be banned.

It might surprise some, but I'm actually NOT in favor of banning the IDs. For one thing, banning them would remove much of the record of what has occurred.

I WOULD be in favor of a one poster/only one ID policy.

Multiple posting IDs are what has traditionally caused a lot of problems at the "chat sites" that I've frequented in the past. It's what has caused problems here as well. Most of the other sites that I currently post on don't allow multiple posting IDs. Monitoring that restriction does require a little extra work by the mods, but it's usually very easy to spot because the second ID is created for the purpose of stirring things up.

If Macon means what he says in his new posts that were posted today, like this one:

http://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39359

there's going to be a change of tone in some of the posts on CT anyway.

I don't personally know Macon, but something tells me that he means what he says.

George

George, Why are you working only one side of the fence? If you are going to expose such things, why not expose them all? It is funny to me that the one person who cried the loudest is just as guilty of the same thing. Don't know why I didn't figure that one out. Didn't really think about it. Looking back at the posts, he/she was trying to do the "good guy/bad guy" thing. Didn't work. Both are bad. True colors came through.

I now understand.

No big deal.

From now on I am going to look at see who is listed as browsing, when they hit and run, and then who else logs in and then back out.

Caustic Burno":2nkje8qb said:
TNMasterBeefProducer":2nkje8qb said:
Pappy how could that be a compliment? Caustic is a no account no good liar. IS that what you want everyone to know you as?

Lets talk cattle.
I'm ready since I got back from Oklahoma.

Caustic Rides Again.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The problem I see in limiting one member per ISP number is you are penalizing a family who want to post under their own user names yet use the same computer or internet connection.

Dial up users some time get a different ISP number eveytime they log on!

The posting of ISP number to the public might fall into some serious legal issues regarding invasion of privacy! They can be used to gain access to information that is regarded private!

Personally i do not see what the big problem is with what Camp/Caustic done, how many are now going to see therapists because of Caustics remarks. I found many of their posts to be extremly informitive and basically that is what I thought this forum was about, sharing information and ideas.
Granted in discussion things can get heated up, and little feelings get hurt, but growth comes with knowledge, learn from it!

Welcome back back Caustic,

I agree with Milkmaid.

I think too much is being made of this. Its not that big of a deal.

I can see where someone would want to post under different names. Say they want to be taken seriously so they have their serious name. Then they want to be goofy so they have their goofy name, etc....

This board would be boring without all this type of thing going on.

This is Macon's board, he can do as he pleases and sees fit.

I think all the "Warriors" should be banned. :lol:

They're giving us all a bad name. :lol:

backhoeboogie":2wqluuw0 said:
George, Why are you working only one side of the fence? If you are going to expose such things, why not expose them all? It is funny to me that the one person who cried the loudest is just as guilty of the same thing. Don't know why I didn't figure that one out. Didn't really think about it. Looking back at the posts, he/she was trying to do the "good guy/bad guy" thing. Didn't work. Both are bad. True colors came through.

I now understand.

No big deal.

From now on I am going to look at see who is listed as browsing, when they hit and run, and then who else logs in and then back out.

Neighbor - I just exposed the one that was the most established! Most of the others are so obvious that everyone ought to be able to see it.

My hat is off to Camp Caustic for his ability to carry the ruse as long as he did. Until I actually scrutinized a number of his past posts, I didn't recognize the duplicity. And I have spent a number of years moderating boards where one of my tasks was to ferret out posters with multiple IDs and remove them - because it wasn't allowed. Also, once a poster was banned, they were permanently banned and not allowed to return under a different ID. Many tried - most didn't get to stay too long. I'm not mad at Camp Caustic - I'm mad at myself for not figuring it out sooner.

All I did here was relevel the field a bit. This is still a "young" board going through many of the same growing pains that I've seen in other boards in the past. Ultimately, it's up to the management - and the posters here - how it evolves.

George

I don't know why, but I've been following this thing. Probably for the same reason I'll flip on NASCAR every now and again just to see if I can catch a crash.

I could care less about this whole thing except for the what Camp said in another thread

George I really appreciate the compliments, I never have nor will I ever have as much cattle knowledge as you have given me credit for. Cattle are not my life and never will be. Due to the 2006 Pension Protection Act, ...snip...blah...blah...blah

I come on this board a couple of years ago looking for advice. Over those years, I thought a few people actually knew what they were talking about. Now I got fooled and can live with that, but people giving advice who don't know much about cattle ought not to be doing it.

Makes me wonder if the others whose advice I've kinda took to heart (Bez, Dun, Mike C, etc....) might be made up too.....

AngBrang":13ghuk72 said:
Not likely! Most folks have the sense to understand that the information given is usually someones opinion based on experience or on facts supported by a given source.

That's not what I'm asking.. What I'm asking is how many good cattlemen found this site, lurked around for a while, figured out that there was a little clique that people either agreed with or were shunned, and didn't even bother to register..

I'm guessing it's happened enough times to fill whatever void would have been left if Camp/Caustic and the other deceptive/abusive members were to have been cut loose..

Politically charged issues can be fun but they can also result in a lot of unusefull bashing.

Arguments aren't fun to a lot of people... The people who don't enjoy arguing are the ones I'm saying probably came and left and who -- if they'd stayed -- could probably have filled a Camp/Caustic void with equal or better advice and information many, many times over by now..

As to board management, the Administrator could choose to allow only one username/password per IP address, eliminating multiple id's.

Folks on dial up get a new IP address everytime they sign on to their ISP.. Folks on DSL/Cable can get a new IP address by shutting off their equipment for an hour or so.. Bottom line, eliminating multiple id's is not necessarily solved by IP checking..

What you've got to do from an administrative standpoint is work on jackass elimination.. That means when you know you've got multiple members using multiple handles to bash people and make their clique look bigger, you ban those members. If they come back and you figure them out, you ban them again.. No matter how remorseful or regretful they may be, and no matter how many times they come back, they get banned..

If your board's worth coming to -- as this one is -- people will eventually figure out that it's better to behave like adults and be able to continue visiting than to act like children and run the risk of never being able to get help again.

cmjust0":2lhtv4b4 said:
AngBrang":2lhtv4b4 said:
Not likely! Most folks have the sense to understand that the information given is usually someones opinion based on experience or on facts supported by a given source.

That's not what I'm asking.. What I'm asking is how many good cattlemen found this site, lurked around for a while, figured out that there was a little clique that people either agreed with or were shunned, and didn't even bother to register..

I'm guessing it's happened enough times to fill whatever void would have been left if Camp/Caustic and the other deceptive/abusive members were to have been cut loose..

Politically charged issues can be fun but they can also result in a lot of unusefull bashing.

Arguments aren't fun to a lot of people... The people who don't enjoy arguing are the ones I'm saying probably came and left and who -- if they'd stayed -- could probably have filled a Camp/Caustic void with equal or better advice and information many, many times over by now..

As to board management, the Administrator could choose to allow only one username/password per IP address, eliminating multiple id's.

Folks on dial up get a new IP address everytime they sign on to their ISP.. Folks on DSL/Cable can get a new IP address by shutting off their equipment for an hour or so.. Bottom line, eliminating multiple id's is not necessarily solved by IP checking..

What you've got to do from an administrative standpoint is work on jackass elimination.. That means when you know you've got multiple members using multiple handles to bash people and make their clique look bigger, you ban those members. If they come back and you figure them out, you ban them again.. No matter how remorseful or regretful they may be, and no matter how many times they come back, they get banned..

If your board's worth coming to -- as this one is -- people will eventually figure out that it's better to behave like adults and be able to continue visiting than to act like children and run the risk of never being able to get help again.

How is it different than real life? Don't you find that in just about every organization you've been in, there's a few people that may be a bit opinionated. the truth is that there is a basic level of knowledge that a person should have before getting into cattle and from some of the questions I see on these boards, some people don't have that basic knowledge. But if they read the archives perhaps they can get enough knowledge so that they can get into cattle. Like anything, though, not everyone does things exactly the same way. From my experience, I have found most of Caustic's advice to be sound even if occasionally delivered in a way that some people don't seem to appreciate.

RL.....

Some people need more than one name handle to level the playing field.

When God was handing out talent, he didn't hand the same degree of talent to everyone but the same quantity of talent is equal amonst all of us. If you don't believe me, please go look into the mirror. Don't you see good? Now, look into the mirror and pretend you are trying to make me a fool again. Don't you see bad? What are your strengths? I am sure you have many, just like all of us. Please focus on your strengths, not your weaknesses. Please do not compensate for you weaknesses by tag-teaming people that have information about cattle and other animals, and or how to run a ranch.

You see RL, some people have strength in wit and intelligence and how to have fun without drugs and alcohol or having two handles. While some have common sense and how to dig a shoveled hole in the hard drought-ridden Texas ground with Jack Daniels sitting on the ledge of the hole. This is the way we human compensate for our short comings. In this case, at least you were able to realize your shortcomings, and you adapted to level the field by using at least two handles. You laughed while people cried. You were not able to converse with intelligent people, such as George, and win the favor of the majority of posters. Taking two names may have made you feel like a man again.

The idea of having fun had to pop into someone's head. Then a decision had to be made to abuse people. This was a bad decision as you are now aware. In society, we place these side-tracked people in prison to let them get rehabilitated. It doesn't mean we should execute the prisoners as some are worth the money we pay. All people make mistakes.

In my opinion, you owe an apology to everone you mentally abused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts