Caught a break on some 22 LR Shells

Help Support CattleToday:

Cattleman200

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago the wife had to go to Wal-Mart early. I had been told that they had 4 guys showing up every morning buying all the 22 ammo that came in. The store manager made a decision to put a stop to this. She went by just to check and was able to buy 3 , 100 count boxes of CCI 22 LR ammo for $7.47 per box plus tax. They are not hollow points but hey, beggars can`t be choosy. Then last week I had to make a trip to Springfield, MO. I talked to a guy in Wal-Mart there that told me what time the truck came in every day at Bass Pro Shop. I went the next day and waited 2 hours but was able to get a bulk box of 525 shells Remington 22 LR Hollow Points. They would only let me have one box. They cost I think around $25-$27 plus tax. At least I have got over 800 shells now in case I need to shoot a varmit or something around the place. I was happy to say the least. :banana: :banana: :banana: :nod:

Circle H Ranch

Ammo is starting to get easier to find here, though not at Walmart. But most gun stores have plenty. It's a shame that we're now happy to pay prices that a couple years ago would have been considered outrageous.

Ryder":1fy3rnba said:
It still is outrageous.
Looking for something last week and found a brick I didn't know I had.
That pleased me. :nod:

Bet it felt like Christmas.
I have plenty, through just dumb luck.
Everytime we would go to kids, I would go to Academy or BassPro I would pick up a brick.
I could always get the good stuff cheaper there. Never in my lifetime did I think 22LR would be as rare as chicken lips.

When I found the .22 brick I was looking for a box of .38 S&W (not special) somebody gave me a long time ago.
I don't have that caliber gun but my wife's cousin-in-law just bought such a gun but no ammo.
He was delighted when I told him I would give him a box.
I have near 'bout gone crazy trying to remember what I did with them. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Cattleman200":2hbfb8be said:
A couple of weeks ago the wife had to go to Wal-Mart early. I had been told that they had 4 guys showing up every morning buying all the 22 ammo that came in. The store manager made a decision to put a stop to this. She went by just to check and was able to buy 3 , 100 count boxes of CCI 22 LR ammo for $7.47 per box plus tax. They are not hollow points but hey, beggars can`t be choosy. Then last week I had to make a trip to Springfield, MO. I talked to a guy in Wal-Mart there that told me what time the truck came in every day at Bass Pro Shop. I went the next day and waited 2 hours but was able to get a bulk box of 525 shells Remington 22 LR Hollow Points. They would only let me have one box. They cost I think around $25-$27 plus tax. At least I have got over 800 shells now in case I need to shoot a varmit or something around the place. I was happy to say the least. :banana: :banana: :banana: :nod:
I picked up the same box in Prattville, Al. at Bass Pro Shops...Did you have to show photo I.D. and sigh for the shells?

Circle H Ranch

Hey Kerley, I do not think I had to show an I.D. but I paid with my Bass Pro Card which might have made a difference and I only had to sign the receipt for the shells as that was all I purchased on this particular trip. I did however feel at the time that I had hit a small jackpot ! lol

Circle H Ranch

Latest posts