cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

what do you think about crossbreeding a red angus bull on purebred red limousin cows

If they would all go to the feedlot, why not. I'ld be concerned about the possibility of the limo loonies coming through if I was to retain heifers.

dun

i was told limousin cows were fairly decent cattle to raise because of there demeanor. :?

Talk to a couple of large animal vets that work with them. That should get you a fairly unbiased opinion.

dun

I own a 65 head of Fullbloods and Purebreds Limousin cows and till last year I have just sold my only Loonie cow at 4 years of age, So I think Limousin are nice and descent to raise.

carpenter05stl":2dhdsvws said:
i was told limousin cows were fairly decent cattle to raise because of there demeanor. :?

i hate limousins. the ones ive had experience with werent nuts but they didnt milk that great, several of the calves had to be pulled, some of the limousin heifers had to be assisted, and they werent all that fertile. plus i just dont like the way they look. HOWEVER, limousinXangus is ideal for the feedlot.

is the first time I herd someone need to pull a Limo out, if you have to pull them out maybe they weren't full or purebred Limos. Even that Limos aren't milkers mines are from milk bloodlines, when I bought them I herd & read many cons against them and mines are completely the opposite, so I'm very happy with them and happier with the calves from my comercial cows that are bred to Limo bulls.

Beefy":1jvwagzz said:
i hate limousins. the ones ive had experience with werent nuts but they didnt milk that great, several of the calves had to be pulled, some of the limousin heifers had to be assisted, and they werent all that fertile. plus i just dont like the way they look. HOWEVER, limousinXangus is ideal for the feedlot.