Cattle Today Forums

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first joined a few years ago, I found CT thru a google search on a cattle related questioned. I joined. I ask more questions. Within days or weeks I also noticed an atmosphere typical of what a person might expect to be engaged in out in the parking lot after Sunday go to meetin, or Wednesday night bible study. Oops. So, I started out joining this forum for the specific reason of gaining knowledge. For a person like me who was not/is not a savvy Internet google searcher, this site was a very welcome and refreshing experience for me; a person who had grown up around cattle but had spent a generation away from them, and was trying to get reacquainted with the experience.
I soon found this forum to be as much, if not more, entertaining than it was useful to my endeavor. Although it will always remain useful to me, I now primarily come here because I enjoy the people. Because I have never met personally with any of the people here on CT, I will call them "characters" for lack of a better term. I enjoy the characters.
There are many really good quality people and conversations here. If there were not, I wouldn't come back again, and again. There are also some characters who like to point out what they perceive as flaws in the character of other members. The term Christian conservative is the one that bothers me most. Not because I am one, but because a person who points that characteristic out as a causal factor of problem(s) here on CT, is/are also pointing out that they have a character flaw.
Why should it matter? And if it does matter, and I missed it, will someone please point out where a Christian conservative has called out or labeled someone else any other type political affiliate predicated on a religion other than Christianity? (Sarcasm aside, and yes atheist and agnostics are are a religion)
I admit being naive about these subjects. I also understand my lack of attendance contributes to my lack of conjecture. Just trying to glean a collective response.

Nesikep":2xqjfvjp said:
Nesi, I only went thru the first page. It only referenced the the term "liberal". Please re-read my question/request. I don't want to post the names of religions/faiths in conjunction with political affiliations because I don't want this thread to get locked. You don't have to think far to figure out what I'm asking for. We have seen the term "Christian conservative" used here many times with zero hand slapping. I'm curious if you or anyone else can point out the polar opposite of that term when used as an excuse/reason for a person(s) reply/opinion. I would like to see that. Then we can proceed with the conversation.

greybeard":1tl36sl5 said:
Hook":1tl36sl5 said:
Ain't no free rent in my head sky. It's not hard to figure out when someone is a yard monkey claiming someone else's tree is their own. Or hard to figure out when someone's being less than honest. Tell us more about that barn of yours that blew down and across your house. To me it looks like you have some dilapidated dog kennels with tin roofs, not a barn.
You mean you actually pay him to mess with your mind Hook? What a deal!!

A barn describes lots of different structures. I have a run in/loafing shed 22X32 that I keep hay in sometimes and I call it a barn and a friend of mine a couple weeks ago kinda hurt my feelings when he said "Oh--you mean the lean to?"

That's pretty funny GB..

Ok Yall just for S&G'S yall keep a tally of how many times my landlord aka " Hook " mentions me on here and I guarantee you that you will see I have a rent free place in his head.
Landlord Hook if you can read I never said the barn blew down and across my roof. You are just so obsessed with me you can't see the forest for the trees its pretty sad.
This is my post
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=96936
Just incase you do not wish to read it I will post what I said. Since you are a genius you will see the error in your reading skills and you have made a :dunce: of yourself yet again. I guess hooked on phonics lol pun intended did not work for you.
"Nope no rain... WIND WIND AND MORE WIND. 2 weeks ago had wind gusts up to 90mph they say and some constantly at 50+ I knew last night was gonna be be nice when I looked out and saw a bunk feeder plastic rip out of the frame and fly away and then I heard something drag across my roof. 2 weeks ago a portion of my roof blew off because of the weather I had the shingles so i fix it no big deal. I got called out for trees across roads at 330am and on a few houses so I been working well I get home wife comes in yea your bunk feeders are missing another portion of roof is missing shingles and then son says barn roof is missing I have replaced the barn roof out of pocket 4 times due to this wind issue lately. The wind issue has only started being a problem in the last 2 years. I think im turning all this into my insurance maybe I can get a new barn built a nice metal one. I know weather changes but geez if this wind situation doesn't chill I am moving I got enough work to do without mother nature helping add more to my plate. :mad: My rant for the day"

You may call my stuff anything you like and talk about me as much as you like just remember one thing hook you say my name before I ever mention you. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else on this forum. So feel free to keep mentioning sky :tiphat: Makes you seem jealous there :mrgreen: oh and by the way say what you want im done with this forum so feel free to get back to being a master baiter :mrgreen: and bait your own hook cause im not biting anymore No more comments to you as long as I remain on this forum so anyone that quotes something you say to me or about me im not gonna respond :tiphat:

I must be refreshing to you then Sky.. I usually only mention your name when I talk about horses..

Speaking of, there's a 2 year old abandoned filly hanging around here.. She's pretty tame for a feral horse

Sky could you please use the occasional comma and some periods in those long winded posts? I get outta breath just trying to read them.

Ouachita stated:

The term Christian conservative is the one that bothers me most.

Search my employment of the term "Christian Conservative". Post here what you perceive "bothers you most". I cannot respond to your emotions. I can respond to your words.

One thought in premise to your effort:
You are bothered by my use of the sociopolitical term "Christian Conservative" but I don't recall you ever entering an objection to other dialog that occurs on this board. Please explain your selective offense. If you are looking for a job on the forum "Politically Correct Patrol" then broaden your scope. Why? Because my use of Christian Conservative pales in a side-by-side comparison with other dialog that appears on a regular basis. What is fair for the goose, is fair for the gander. Why am I the only user you think needs to be "Politically Correct"?

Jezz are we having fun yet? Can't we agree to disagree and move on? Poking fun and screwing around on here is supposed to be fun. I'm not a deep enough thinker to let someone I've never met face to face, get under my skin. Good morning y'all, we made another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts