Cattle Today Forums

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepsouth

Reaction score
where the Mason-Dixon line is considered the far n
I picked this up off of the JWBrahman thread. Didn't want to get off subject on there so I'm starting a new thread.

by Bigfoot » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:53 am

If you think about it, this sight is for entertainment purposes for the ones of us that post a lot. Occasionally you learn something. I guess when the entertainment value diminishes, you move one. He was a nice guy, and knowledgeable though.

I found this intresting and true. At least true for me. I do come to cattle today as much for entertainment as anything else. That's not to say that I don't learn things here nor does it mean I can't learn while being entertained. I don't think every member of the forum comes here for the same reasons and they shouldn't have to. I did wonder though how much traffic comes through here for education as compared to entertainment?

Deepsouth. The forum is dominated by about 30 users. You and I are probably in that class. Maybe there are 50, but not many. I think it would be a better forum if there were 200 active users with more diversity. What gets old is hearing the same philosophy over and over. Not meaning this as criticism just observation: When a new philosophy comes along, it is not unusual to see that user admonished. The forum would improve IMO if the moderators, as they have done lately, would eliminate the predominance of religious and political expression. That does not mean there cannot be philosophical discussion but it gets real old hearing the same crap over and over again. It is almost like the dominant users have to keep convincing each other that they are accepted. That is where the pandering gets tiresome. That is my opinion for the day.

I get a lot of good information on cattle from these forums, but I also get great blessings from the inspirational posts,as well as some much needed humor from a lot of the others. It does one good to find a little something to laugh about in these dark times. Thanks to all of you for the good things that you share as well as all the good pictures.

I come here for both entertainment and education, and to occasionally give a different perspective on some problem or another.

I have to agree with Ron, there's a lot of stuff there that's just :deadhorse:, it would be better if there were a greater number of ACTIVE users, and from different parts of the world, but I don't see that happening any time soon, as the majority of users here are from about 5 states, and predominantly all think the same, it's not going to be welcoming to anyone else that doesn't have a thick enough skin. I really enjoy seeing the different scenery picture from around the world, LithuanianFarmer, Putangitangi, and Regolith are the most common sources.

Warning:Warning:Warning: This is a joke. Maybe someone in addition to me will smile or laugh.

Deepsouth, you should start a Cattle Forum and call it:

Deepsouth's Christian Cattle Forum

You must be a Christian Conservative to join. We don't want any Muslins, Jews or Minorities. This will be strictly enforced by Highgrit who is authorized to use the N-word when necessary. All Coffee shop politics must be of a conservative nature or you will be labeled a QUEER.

:D

This place could benefit from equal treatment for all offenses and not just one here and there. Msfarm getting banned while people like inyati, gimpy, Hurley and sky get free reign on what they want to say with few to little repercussion. That's what's killing this place. The liberal bstards getting to say anything and everything they want and the conservative majority of us getting banned when we stand up to the bull shyt.

As usual, the train jumped the track :D
I too would like to know how many come here for information. There is a. Absolute wealth of knowledge here (non from me). Also a lot of people to help you if you'll just ask a question.

I noticed today, Ive hit 5000 post. I'm posting too much. It is entertaining here though.

I don't know where all this negative stuff takes place, I never see anything that offends me or that I consider inflammatory; maybe that means I am just here for the knowledge I can gain.

Then again, maybe since we are mostly farmers, we are all laid back, logical people, and things that seem like drama to us wouldn't raise an eyebrow on other forums. Maybe that's why I don't notice it.

I've been on several different types of forums, and some can get really nasty.

Hook, you just got to learn to talk out the side of your mouth. Make all the backhanded comments you want. Get right up to the line and tick somebody off so they will cross it. That's how the game is played.

I come to share information. When the threads deviate to the BS, I tend to stay away and then only come to check my PM's - which seem to trend upwards at that point as well, which leads me to believe that most are here for information as well.

GO to any dead pecker bench at any farmstore , hardees, coffeeshop anywhere in this good ol USA and youll hear 25% business and 75% BS. people that come here for info get info. if there doing a google search the topic they are looking for maybe 5 years old but they get it and leave. The people that engage and interact here are by all accounts outgoing in there personal lives and most are easy to talk too. the ones that don't talk are more reserved and maybe bashful or just don't care. This forum caters to everyone in one way or another. I have noticed That one sect get away with more than the other sect does. if you did not have the 30 or so talking here This place would shrivel up and die unless 30 more stepped up to the plate and kept it going. I've seen more than one forum go that direction.

Aaron":3i1pmbop said:
I come to share information. When the threads deviate to the BS, I tend to stay away and then only come to check my PM's - which seem to trend upwards at that point as well, which leads me to believe that most are here for information as well.

I agree. Mine's on a very small scale but I just enjoy farming and cattle. I've learned a lot here. Some things that work for me and some that don't.
Always interested in how others do things. I really enjoy most anything here cattle related.
In regard to suggestions some offer on other factions of life, I'm just not interested. They have their mindset and I have mine.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/125480/ideol ... ative.aspx

PRINCETON, NJ -- Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana are the most conservative states, with just under half of the residents in each identifying as politically conservative. Massachusetts and Vermont -- along with the District of Columbia -- have the greatest percentage of self-identified liberals.

If you want it more diverse you'll have to ban all the southerners

Hook":3t3wq3uk said:
This place could benefit from equal treatment for all offenses and not just one here and there. Msfarm getting banned while people like inyati, gimpy, Hurley and sky get free reign on what they want to say with few to little repercussion. That's what's killing this place. The liberal bstards getting to say anything and everything they want and the conservative majority of us getting banned when we stand up to the bull shyt.
+1

I try and read every post, I enjoy reading and learning. There's no doubt I have a cow and new calf that I would not have, if it wasn't for this site. Everybody has different views and values. I'm not going to call someone out over the Internet, unless their so far left it ruffles my feathers. And then I feel bad. I know I can lean something from a liberal, queer or whatever, a cow doesn't care what you are. In real life there's some folks who I would try and avoid that post here. And I'm sure it works both ways, I try really hard to get along with everyone on this site. It's to bad that everyone can't be friends, but that's the way the way it is.

Diversity? Lol. The dogs on the porch love a lil Diversity from time to time...reminds me of that Jackass of mine that let's a dog cross the pasture from time to time....some days he just stomps them. Speaking of diversity I guess we'll never know what Cowgirls great invention is unless we see it on QVC or her on 60 minutes....;)

I am a lurker on this forum. I don't have any cows but I am thinking of getting some. I take care of my neighbors cows, and help out were ever I can.
The forum is entertainment BUT also informational
Jim

Kingfisher":1ejqy5dj said:
Diversity? Lol. The dogs on the porch love a lil Diversity from time to time...reminds me of that Jackass of mine that let's a dog cross the pasture from time to time....some days he just stomps them. Speaking of diversity I guess we'll never know what Cowgirls great invention is unless we see it on QVC or her on 60 minutes....;)

I am in sales, I get paid to talk and know the products I represent. I can start a conversation with anyone. I also watch people and how people react to each other and their environment. You could gather this whole bunch up and put them In a room and duct tape everyone's mouth shut and after about 30 min it would be broken down in groups by the reaction of one individual. There will be at least one that will move and try to figure everyone out and the others that are of the like mind will do the same. the shy or timid ones will seek shelter amount the others that they see fear in. once these groups are established you will find the out spoken and entertainers of the bunch will be the ones here that are involved in a multitude of threads. All animals react this way. This forum unlike some if full of leaders and those people disagree from time to time. The diversity is here but is not seen because most people avoid confrontation and just go with the flow.

lmbrsn":3gob1juv said:
I am a lurker on this forum. I don't have any cows but I am thinking of getting some. I take care of my neighbors cows, and help out were ever I can.
The forum is entertainment BUT also informational
Jim

welcome Jim, join in sometime

M-5":2z9ff8lc said:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/125480/ideology-three-deep-south-states-conservative.aspx

PRINCETON, NJ -- Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana are the most conservative states, with just under half of the residents in each identifying as politically conservative. Massachusetts and Vermont -- along with the District of Columbia -- have the greatest percentage of self-identified liberals.

If you want it more diverse you'll have to ban all the southerners

I'm surprised Texas wasn't on that list. 1994 is the last time we elected a Democrat to statewide office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts