Cattle Software

Help Support CattleToday:

Gators Rule

Reaction score
Do any of you use a specific software package to keep track of your cattle? I am on the search, and need one that can handle both purebred and commercial cattle....

thanks in advance for your help!

David

We use Cow Sense. That way we can export all our info on calves straight to the associations for registrations and EPD updates. We also have the add-on programs from them to use a PDA in the field and the program that allows us to gather data like weights, etc. when we're running cows through the chute.

Bonsman":35cwnsm6 said:
dun":35cwnsm6 said:
CattleMax from Cattlesoft

I also use Cattle Max from Cattlesoft and am very pleased with their customer service.
I couldn;t agree more about the customer service. They have always been responsive and have helped me with every problem, even a couple of real weird ones.

After reviewing several different software packages, I downloaded CattleMax, and activated it. The only negative I can currently say about the software is that I usually work on my cattle records in the evening, and their Customer Service Dept closes at 5:00 CT. That would be an issue I will need to correct on my end....LOL

I went to download all my registered cattle from ASA, and have not have a lot of luck at this point. CattleMax says I need to contact Customer Service in order to do this... :(

We have been using cattlemax for 4 years now. I love it, so easy to use. And sending stuff to excel spreadsheet to edit and then send back into the program is great. I use the purebred program for our commercial cattle, it has allowed us to really concentrate on our performance and cull out the cows that are consistently raising calves that dont perform. There isnt a cow in our herd now with an MPPA under 103 and we have really tightened up our calves weight wise at weaning, not alot of weight breaks anymore. Highly recommend it.

We use the AIMS program from the Angus Assoc. , I really like the simulated breeding.. really helps with AI decisions. We can now download weekly updates to reg animals EPD's..LOVE IT!
Valerie

Latest posts