Cattle rustlers

Help Support CattleToday:

Ouachita

Reaction score
Copied from a Fort Smith, AR news website.......

SEQUOYAH COUNTY (KFSM)- The Sequoyah County Sheriff's Office says 24 cattle heads, three unborn calves and five hooves were found in a dumpster south of Sallisaw near the Arkansas River.

Sheriff Lockhart said the cattle, calves and hooves are being buried at a landfill.

Lockhart said he is working with the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture and they are unsure if they cattle were stolen. He says the butchered cattle is worth between $35,000 and $45,000.

Stay with 5NEWS as this story develops. If you have any information you are asked to call the Sequoyah County Sheriff's Office at (918) 775-9155.

Some time last night the neighbor had a big steer stolen. Trailer backed up the edge of his pasture, cops took pictures of the tire marks. How they managed to chase steer from an open pasture into the trailer is hard to figure. And this is on a fairly heavily traveled paved secondary road.

I am concerned about theft. I was in the process of building a shelter away from the house but next to the road, I've already bought the material maybe I ought to reconsider. In southern Indiana I don't hear of cattle theft but when I do they very seldom catch them.

A few years ago there were some guys that would cut a fence and steal 6 or 7 head at night. Finally they were caught. They would unload 2 horses, a couple of dogs and a some panels and just run them right into the trailer. Glad they were caught. Shouldve been shot on sight!

Latest posts