Cattle Quiz

Help Support CattleToday:

Could be a useful breed to keep nosey neighbors, wayward environmentalists and other vermin out of your fields or at least from not returning.

ANAZAZI":2xjyq00g said:
pdfangus":2xjyq00g said:
late to the party and the secret was revealed before I got here.
My first thought was they resemble Scotch Highlands...but not enough hair.
then there was not enough horn either.
so I flipped through a few other possibilities and then decided to read on....
to discover that they are only another new breed cross breed that we can thank Hitler for....
Just what we need ....more savage cows with big horns to kill folks.
Now some idiot wants to redomesticate the newly created wild cows.
no shortage of idiots in the world....no shortage at all.

No shortage of polled cattle that wish to kill people either.

exactly.....so why recreate an extinct breed of WILD cattle With dangerous head accoutrements....
and then try to redomesticate them....

pdfangus":kz003x8d said:
ANAZAZI":kz003x8d said:
No shortage of polled cattle that wish to kill people either.

exactly.....so why recreate an extinct breed of WILD cattle With dangerous head accoutrements....
and then try to redomesticate them....

The article mentions the infusion of fighting stock, that is irrellevant. The breed was was created from the herd of Heinz heck one of the brothers,in Munic somewhere 1920. The other herd was started by his brother in Berlin during the nazi era and was destroyed during the war. The surviving herd has no content of fighting stock. The disposition seems to come from the fact that they are handled as little as possible. Any cattle will be wild if they are left alone, this breed is bred for its looks.

ANAZAZI
Clearly you think this is a good idea.....

Just as clearly I think this is folly and a waste of resources.... I do not believe you can recreate an extinct species. thank goodness or we would be knee deep in dinosaur poop. I did not comment at all on where the disposition came from.

Lets just agree to disagree....

pdfangus":14pn77sz said:
ANAZAZI
Clearly you think this is a good idea.....

Just as clearly I think this is folly and a waste of resources.... I do not believe you can recreate an extinct species. thank goodness or we would be knee deep in dinosaur poop. I did not comment at all on where the disposition came from.

Lets just agree to disagree....

Let us agree; because you are right. :tiphat:

The south. :rtarrow:[/quote]
Very nice!![/quote]
I doubt it, he conceded to easy,,a real southener remains defiant to the end :cowboy:[/quote]
right on..... :cowboy:

Latest posts