Cattle Haulers

Help Support CattleToday:

Gonz

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a heifer in a sale on March 22nd in Idaho. If I get her, I'll need her hauled to North Carolina! Can anyone point me in the direction of a hauler who is responsible and reasonable who can get her to me? I know it won't be cheap but I need to find out about what it will cost me. I'm really hoping I can find a load coming this way that I can piggy back on to help share in the cost. Any help? Thanks.

Gonz

Ordinarily the sale manager will have a number of haulers to transport the animals. They will try to bundle (for lack of a better term) groups that are going to the same general area. Some of the haulers will deliver them directly to the farm and others will deliver them to a central location and you have ot haul them from there. Contact the sale manager, or whoever is putting on the sale or maybe even the autioneer. One of them will know what's going on with the trucking

Running Arrow Bill":39onwq0j said:
Last I heard, haulers were charging $3.50 to $4.50 a loaded one-way mile. Possibly about 1/2 that on a back haul. Hope the heifer is a valuable one! :)
and the way the prices of fuel or climbling, every millisecond, they'll be hauling for free

Latest posts