Cattle Drive Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Dylan Biggs":3izxix88 said:
A move we made in August with the commercial cows and our small band of ewe lambs, a 4 mile move at a liesurely pace,

Beautiful pics and scenery.

What sparked my attention was the fact that you had to move them 4 miles. Holy crap man :eek: I can't even begin to imagine having that much land (although I would love it). How many acres in total?

And BTW: That Akbash looks very comfortable around the herd. Bet she turns out just fine. (I have Pyrenees)

I think were our handleing styles differ is because of the terrain . We'll trail across some open country then go into deep coulees , if you let your cattle drift out on you or trained them to stay in the herd , the independent ones will bale out in a side coulee and take some with her . It's not so bad if you can see them , but most of the times we cann't see a hundred yards ahead of us let alone the leaders . When your on one horse all day it's not a good thing to have to burn him up regathering. I want my cows to string out and travel, it's just a pain to try and handle herd that's spread out wide . It's easy to trail if you learn to use the country , be it coulees or fence lines , just stay out of the creeks .

Latest posts