car wont run

Help Support CattleToday:

SJB":32apxu06 said:
[ quote="M-5 "]w eMLKve Black prid e, Muslim prid e, Korean pride, Jewish pride. etc, etc but if anyonentions Southern Pride well t.hat's not possible they are all racist

This is my point, which I'm afraid may have been missed.

The difference is, there is no black, muslim, korean, or jewish flag flying from the Statehouse or Courthouse. If there were, you (and I) would be be nice.[/quote]

There's a MLB Boulevard in most every town, is that right? I'm all for taking the Confederate flag down, as long as theirs no MLK Boulevard in the town. If it's right for one group to be recognized, the other group should have the same rights.

TexasBred":15h4snb8 said:
fenceman":15h4snb8 said:
TexasBred":15h4snb8 said:
Actually there wer several "official" flags for the confederacy and yes it's the battle flag....but it is still a flag of a foreign country. It's the one also flown over all the "Six Flags" amusement parks.
Tb the Texas flag is also a battle flag. Carried in war against Mexicans and Comanche.
It's also was first the flag of a foreign nation. The republic of Texas
It was not a foreign flag to the Republic of Texas.

I have no loyalty nor any real respect for any flag except that of the United States of America regardless of how many stars it had in it. I also find it hard to understand why even southerners would find pride in literally worshiping a system as that which existed in the south at the time of the civil war all the while yelling "northern agression" and "states rights" when the only states rights in question was secession and slavery. We lost an entire generation of fine americans from both the north and the south and did not accomplish one dam thing in the process. Then we southerners have the audacity to bytch about reconstruction when we could have all been shot for treason.

This is Bull shyt as far as I'm concerned. I'm proud to be an american and blessed to live in the south...more particularly in Texas. If you disagree that is your right.

Now I have an American flag out front of the house on my flag pole with the Texas Flag under it. Guess tomorrow i'll see if I can find a Mexican flag, a confederate battle flag, and maybe the queer rainbow flag and add them. Then hopefully all you SOB's will be covered. I"m gone.

Ironic don't you think? American flag.... wonder how that came to be?

TB, what moral high ground do you believe the British colonies had to fight for independence and freedom of self determination that the southern states didn't have?

To be forthright, I believe providence (of reasoning I don't begin to lay claim I grasp) had more to do with the outcome than reasoning from the states that attempted succession.

Rewriting history to fit a narrative does not make it truth. American history books have been adulterated to alter the working knowledge of the American students. People that believe in states rights are jeopardous to a central government seeking additional power.

A lot of faulty history has been remade with erasing and replacing historical accuracies with desired deceptions. Like algebra originated from islam.

Regardless of our little debate here, the situation seems to have taken a turn. It's gone from wether or not the flag should fly on taxpayer owned property, to eBay telling people they can't buy or sell anything with a flag on it, with their own money.

Hillary said the flag shouldn't "fly here, it shouldn't fly anywhere".

Sheesh. Politicians can't stand to let a crisis go to waste.

highgrit":ed1lfnsi said:
SJB":ed1lfnsi said:
[ quote="M-5 "]w eMLKve Black prid e, Muslim prid e, Korean pride, Jewish pride. etc, etc but if anyonentions Southern Pride well t.hat's not possible they are all racist

This is my point, which I'm afraid may have been missed.

The difference is, there is no black, muslim, korean, or jewish flag flying from the Statehouse or Courthouse. If there were, you (and I) would be be nice.

There's a MLB Boulevard in most every town, is that right? I'm all for taking the Confederate flag down, as long as theirs no MLK Boulevard in the town. If it's right for one group to be recognized, the other group should have the same rights.[/quote]

Im not sure how that relates to a flag flying over a government building, other than the flag of our country or state.

dieselbeef":xgi7np9g said:
the gunman had nothing else about him to pin the shooting on..had to find something...flag was there
Plus what the gunman said, wrote and took pictures of and posted.

TexasBred":sz0685ss said:
dieselbeef":sz0685ss said:
the gunman had nothing else about him to pin the shooting on..had to find something...flag was there

A crazy person could blame it on the trees. It still don't change the fact they were crazy which is the root of the problem

TexasBred":2uxnvrwk said:
slick4591":2uxnvrwk said:
I've read a number of articles that want to bootstrap a couple of Confederate guys words about slavery and call it evidence that the war was all about slavery. However, it's real evidence that dictates what a person should argue.

The Civil War started April 12, 1861.

Lincoln was anti-slavery prior to his presidential win. Slavery was being practiced in the north until Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation issued January 1, 1863. That's when the Lincoln introduced the slavery issue into the war.

Tell the boys at Ft. Sumpter. They fired the first shots. Tell S. Carolina who seceded before Lincoln was even sworn into office. BTW the Emancipation proclamation freed no one. It didn't affect the north and could not be enforced in the South....nothing but a hollow speech. Thus the need for the 13th Amendment in 1865 which finally freed all slaves.

Ft. Sumpter was the beginning of the war, which is mute when we talk about why the Civil War began.

April and May of 1865 brought the end of the war. The North now had control of the Confederate states and Congress passed the 13th Amendment on January 31, 1865. That's when the slaves were beginning to be released in the South. The North had already released most if not all of their slaves.

The statement was made that the war started because of slavery. My point is how could it have been when slavery wasn't a war issue until January 1, 1863?

M-5":xzapalmb said:
TexasBred":xzapalmb said:
dieselbeef":xzapalmb said:

A crazy person could blame it on the trees. It still don't change the fact they were crazy which is the root of the problem
Exactly. :idea:

Latest posts