Classic Car Owner?

Help Support CattleToday:

SIMMGAL":282k5x0j said:
Personally, I've got a silver 1960 T-Bird. Garage kept, pretty much all original. Got the 430 V-8 in it. 350 HP if I remember correctly. I guess that can be classified as EARLY muscle. :lol2:

Pretty high on my want list is some of that good ole Mopar muscle. Challengers have always had a special place in my heart since my dad started taking me to car shows at the ripe young age of "able to open my eyes". I chose an SS Camaro over a Challenger when I bought a new daily driver in 2015, but my next addition will most likely be an antique Challenger. It was hard to stay away from the Hellcat though...

Not necessarily mine, but also on the farm, we have a '59 Chevy Apache truck with the Napco 4WD under it. It needs to be restored and looks a bit rough. The fun part is, the engine is far from what originally came in it, so you could say it's a bit of a sleeper. :lol2:

Dad sold his turkey sh*t from the farm for years until he had enough money to buy (what I call) his 2nd daughter. We are both 1994 models, but she's more of a looker than I am. That one's a Viper.

I can post pictures if anyone is interested. I guess you could say we kinda have an odd collection... :lol2:
I'd like to see pics of all of them!!

I'm also a '94. Getting more and more uncommun to see people our age into farming OR cars much less both!!

And I know what you mean about the Hellcat's! Someday I hope to own one. But for now my plan is to put a 6.1 Hemi and a 6 speed in my Duster and if that ends up not being enough power I'll bolt a nice whipple supercharger on it and be up there in Hellcat power levels and with a lighter car!! :banana:

Kell-inKY":23m4mf6m said:
Old trucks are hot right now. You won't find the "cool guy" driving a muscle car in a movie or TV show much anymore, they will be driving an old truck or Bronco. I've seen a million old Camaro's and Mustangs and so has everyone else (no offense), and the rarer muscle cars are priced WAY out of the middle class dad's range. That may be a factor in the rise of popularity of old trucks, cheaper, easier to find, easy to work on MANLY LOOKING! Almost all of the older trucks are patina builds too, where you keep the rust and paint, making it cheaper as well, and more authentic. Shiny "hot rod" look is being replaced by slammed patina trucks on stock appearing wheels. I posted a pic of my old firebird on Instagram and got 27 likes, I posted a pic of my old F150 and it was well over 300. Vintage camper shells are hugely popular as well.

Ratty muscle cars are in BIG TIME right now as well! These are pics of my Duster. The first one is in a group that selects its cover photo by popular vote. The second pic as you can see pulled in 1,100+ likes. Course that group has thousands of members too

greybeard":3mrhsj92 said:
SIMMGAL":3mrhsj92 said:
Pretty high on my want list is some of that good ole Mopar muscle. Challengers have always had a special place in my heart since my dad started taking me to car shows at the ripe young age of "able to open my eyes". I chose an SS Camaro over a Challenger when I bought a new daily driver in 2015, but my next addition will most likely be an antique Challenger. It was hard to stay away from the Hellcat though...

Hellcat? Pshaw...
Demon:
Fastest quarter-mile car in the world; banned by the NHRA

840 horsepower and 770 pounds-feet of torque :D :D from supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® Demon V-8 engine makes Dodge Challenger SRT Demon the most-powerful muscle car ever
Highest horsepower V-8 production car engine ever produced
*First-ever front-wheel lift in production car (2.92 feet) as certified by Guinness World Records
World's fastest quarter-mile production car with an elapsed time (ET) of 9.65 seconds and 140 miles per hour (mph) as certified by National Hot Rod Association (NHRA)
Challenger SRT Demon is too fast for the drag strip – officially banned by NHRA
World's fastest 0-60 production car: 2.3 seconds
0-30 miles per hour: 1.0 second
Highest g-force acceleration of any production car: 1.8 g
Air-Grabber™ induction system includes the largest functional hood scoop (45.2 square inches) of any production car
Significant upgrades to create the Demon engine include:
Larger 2.7-liter per rev supercharger; increased boost pressure to 14.5 psi
Higher rpm limit of 6,500
First-ever factory-production car with innovative SRT Power Chiller™ liquid-to-air intercooler chiller system
First factory-production car with After-Run Chiller that keeps cooling the supercharger/charge air cooler after the engine is shut off
First-ever, factory-production car designed to run on 100+ high-octane unleaded fuel or 91 octane on demand
First-ever, factory-production car with TransBrake for more powerful and quicker launches
First-ever, factory-production drag car with Torque Reserve, to deliver increased levels of power and torque at launch
First-ever, factory-production car with front passenger seat delete
Exclusive, serialized Demon Crate offers components that fully unleash the car's potential at the drag strip
Challenger SRT Demon is covered by FCA US LLC factory warranty, including three-year/36,000-mile limited vehicle warranty and five-year/60,000-mile limited powertrain coverage
Production of limited-edition single model year (3,000 United States/300 Canada) Challenger SRT Demon begins later this summer; deliveries to Dodge//SRT dealers to begin this fall
All customers who buy the new 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon receive one full-day session at Bob Bondurant School of High-performance Driving

So a day after I posted that, I saw a video and the specs for the Demon. And promptly changed my mind! :lol2:
Now I just need to go through my sofa cushions and spare change jar to see if I can find 85K. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening this year! :lol2:

True Grit Farms":3mrhsj92 said:
I'd like to see the '59 Apache.

I'll see if I can find some on my old phone when I have a chance. Figuring out how to post them is another thing! :dunce:

younggun":4qjc5mop said:
SIMMGAL":4qjc5mop said:
Personally, I've got a silver 1960 T-Bird. Garage kept, pretty much all original. Got the 430 V-8 in it. 350 HP if I remember correctly. I guess that can be classified as EARLY muscle. :lol2:

Not necessarily mine, but also on the farm, we have a '59 Chevy Apache truck with the Napco 4WD under it. It needs to be restored and looks a bit rough. The fun part is, the engine is far from what originally came in it, so you could say it's a bit of a sleeper. :lol2:

Dad sold his turkey sh*t from the farm for years until he had enough money to buy (what I call) his 2nd daughter. We are both 1994 models, but she's more of a looker than I am. That one's a Viper.

I can post pictures if anyone is interested. I guess you could say we kinda have an odd collection... :lol2:
I'd like to see pics of all of them!!

I'm also a '94. Getting more and more uncommun to see people our age into farming OR cars much less both!!

And I know what you mean about the Hellcat's! Someday I hope to own one. But for now my plan is to put a 6.1 Hemi and a 6 speed in my Duster and if that ends up not being enough power I'll bolt a nice whipple supercharger on it and be up there in Hellcat power levels and with a lighter car!! :banana:

Ain't that the truth! I'll get you some pictures once I figure out how to post them! :lol2:

Got my Duster running again Saturday. I've put about 250 miles on it the last 5 days, 90 of those on Saturday! You might say I enjoy driving it! :D I've been driving it to the farm the last few days and yesterday I snapped this pic of it.

Victim of road rage? An accident? Ever had your car dinged while parked in a public lot? These are all great reasons to invest in a dash cam.

younggun":2vfy8936 said:
Got my Duster running again Saturday. I've put about 250 miles on it the last 5 days, 90 of those on Saturday! You might say I enjoy driving it! :D I've been driving it to the farm the last few days and yesterday I snapped this pic of it.

Sweet!

My Pops has a '66 Chevelle 283 2 spd. Canary yellow. Body fully redone. Floors and frame and all. Motor and trans ready to set in. Just need brakes and upholstery work now.

I have a '49 F100. Mustang II IFS w coilovers. Ratted out. Chevy 327 and 2 spd powerglide. Sitting on corvette rally's. Work in progress. Will probably forever be a work in progress.