Can you ID this breed?

Help Support CattleToday:

Findleyfarms

Reaction score
I'm trying to guess the heritage of my new herd, and I have three that look like this (hopefully the pic will come up!)-
showphoto.php

What is your best guess as to what they are???

LMAO....I'm still trying to figure out how to get that pic up.....thank you!
I was told Sim by the previous owner and even I shook my head no (and I know nothing!).

One vote for Charolais....

Findleyfarms":3esi2sct said:
I'm trying to guess the heritage of my new herd, and I have three that look like this (hopefully the pic will come up!)-
showphoto.php

I'd guess Char X Simmental.

Frankie":iy8sg0p5 said:
Findleyfarms":iy8sg0p5 said:
showphoto.php

I'd guess Char X Simmental.

same thing

VanC":3a8tjnfs said:
Angus In Texas":3a8tjnfs said:
The cow on the right almost looks like she might have a little of a dairy breed in her???

I agree. I'm gonna guess Char x Holstein.

I also thought that, but assumed that they'd both be the same breeding and the other one don't look like its got any holstein in it.

I think the closest we're gonna get is to say its cattle of non-descript breeding with possibly some charolais in the make-up.

I even doubt its 50% charolais, probably a dairy beef mix bred to a crossbred charolais bull

I'm gonna have to say some Char cross. The first one looks like an Angus Charolais cross.

I have three and they all have some whites spots. The one in the picture that you can see the white spots had an odd calf this year. All of the bulls available to her were some sort of black angus cross. Her calf is short and has a full angus look to it but it is pure white. Not albino, but bright white. Its a heifer so I'll have to see what she produces!

i would guess they are Simmental X Angus X Charolais

those cows are gray!

My cousin used to get Char x Holstein heifer calves from a dairyman. He bred heifers to Chars for the calving ease. :D
My cousin raised them up to be cows, they looked exactly like those two, some solid gray and some spotted. I would say that that is what they are.

Latest posts