Can cows eat capsicums

Help Support CattleToday:

Toddy 15

Reaction score
Gday guys I'm new here, I was just wondering am I able to feed my cows red capsicum?

Isn't is supposed to help with flies or something? Seems like I've read about folks including it in feed in the past.

Of course you can try, but why? Cows eat hay, fresh grass and grain well. I see no reason to pervert and feed all sorts of different vegetables, mushrooms and other things. I have not seen any adequate evidence that there is any benefit to animals from such supplements.

Of course you can try, but why? Cows eat hay, fresh grass and grain well. I see no reason to pervert and feed all sorts of different vegetables, mushrooms and other things. I have not seen any adequate evidence that there is any benefit to animals from such supplements.
I give my cows banana's once a fortnight and they absolutely love them.. They know when it's banana day they come running over when I yell out to them... so why not give them something different than hay, fresh grass and grain?? They enjoy different food

I give my cows banana's once a fortnight and they absolutely love them.. They know when it's banana day they come running over when I yell out to them... so why not give them something different than hay, fresh grass and grain?? They enjoy different food
Yes! I have 3 that fight over hubby's banana peel every morning. Bonus, if they're too ripe and they get the whole thing. And they do love baby carrots.

Yes! I have 3 that fight over hubby's banana peel every morning. Bonus, if they're too ripe and they get the whole thing. And they do love baby carrots.
Forget banana bread makings. I have a 32 yr old Arab mare that throws a hissey fit if she doesn't get her morning peel and preferably the whole deal. :love:

Some cows eat all sorts of different stuff and love it, others are fussy... I have one garburator cow, lemon peels, bananas, carrots, squash, peppers, apples, potatoes... half rotten is just fine for her
Then I have others that only want perfect treats, a black spot on a carrot and she'll spit it out!

Gday guys I'm new here, I was just wondering am I able to feed my cows red capsicum?
Is used to improve an animals ability to handle heat stress. It encourages smaller more frequent meals and water intake. It also is a vasodilator and improves blood flow which also helps them handle stress. A natural feed additive that we use in both dairy and beef cattle in California

Latest posts