Can any body help me for my Trading Courses?

Help Support CattleToday:

Ricky Johnson

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am looking for trading courses. Now it's much needed for me. So can any body tell me which is the best trading tutorial. One of my friend told me about rockwelltrading.com which offer the trading tutorials. But I need more. Your suggestion will be very helpful to me.

Thanks..

As a trader myself I can tell you generally speaking not to waste your money.

Focus on price and leave of almost all the other junk.

Message me privately if you have specific questions.

Douglas":3n3tcuxr said:
I think he is talking about day trading stocks.
He definitely does not want to get into that...even after "taking a course". He'll get baptised the first day and be out of business.

TB, if he wants to trade whatever, he has to shove some chips out on the table. (Sorry about a poker metaphore.)
I suppose classes are useful, but the racetrack offers handicapping lessons for free and they stay in business. Someone must be loosing.
My point would be that a carefull assesment of whether you have the personality for trading would be a better start. And are you generally lucky :???:
I know one person trading stocks at home, and she claims to be ahead. I suppose it could be true.

john250":gtyyf00z said:
TB, if he wants to trade whatever, he has to shove some chips out on the table. (Sorry about a poker metaphore.)
I suppose classes are useful, but the racetrack offers handicapping lessons for free and they stay in business. Someone must be loosing.
My point would be that a carefull assesment of whether you have the personality for trading would be a better start. And are you generally lucky :???:
I know one person trading stocks at home, and she claims to be ahead. I suppose it could be true.
Your comment about the personality for trading is very true. But the people that make money over time, poker or trading, do not rely on luck. They have a system or strategy that gives them an edge.

As to race horses, I took one of those free handicapping courses. It was taught by the track manager and by the announcer. For several years the announcr had made a living as a shooter-a person who plays the horses professionally. So I figured they knew somethng about it.
At the end of the course we went to the track. The instructors gave us a cheat sheet with their top three (3) picks for every race.
Sounds good, right? It was useless. One of their picks was usually in the money, finishing first, second, or third. But there was no way to know which one. You can't lose on two and maybe win a little money on one and come out ahead. You don't win enough on one to make up your losses.

Next I used my brilliant skills to handicap horses at three tracks using the racing forms (looks like a newspaper with all the information and performance statistics on the horses). I did not actually bet, this was just a trial thing.
I was able to win ,theoretically, at two tracks on a weekly basis. But the third would wipe out my winnings. This happened over and over. I was never able to figure out which track I would lose at ahead of time. I concluded that there was probably some behind the barns stuff going on and I had no way to know what, when or where.

Then I met a guy who was actually making good money betting on the ponies. He did not use numbers, calculations or anything like that. He went to the races all the time and observed how "they" were training and runnning the horses. After a while he got to know when they were getting a certain horse ready to win. They do not run a horse to win every time.

If he missed a few times at the track, he had to start all over just watching for awhile.
I got away from original subject, but I just got to remembering about the horses.

I've got an 18' cattleguard I would trade for something.

Seems like kind of a strange board upon which to seek stock trading advice.

john250":2fd536ng said:
A lot of folks are ahead on certain stocks....but I bet she isn't a day trader. It takes a huge amount of information one many things from world happenings to the mood of the president of the board of some company that morning.....many variables...and it takes either a lot of money...a lot of credit adn big balls....and you have to be willing to lose them all. :lol2:

It certainly can be done and is done but consider how much practice and effort it takes to be a surgeon or a professional athlete or a pro rodeo bull rider.

It's a very serious undertaking to be a professional, for most people I advise them to spend their time and effort seeking out top notch professional traders and have them trade your money, you'll be better off generally. There are some very good traders out there with long-term track records but many have a high entry price.

Having said that I know traders who are at the pro athlete level of trading and make very, very good money. I am not at their level but do consider myself professional and am consistently profitable.

This is just the type of market that pros love, 2008 was even better, for me anyway,

Again, private message me if you have specific questions.

If you want to talk trading cash cattle I am interested in that as well and treat my cattle business as I would a bond or corporate cash flow valuation problem, this is very different from how I trade futures though.

And the poker and horse racing analogies are very descriptive. Fixed bet size, a set of odds and a possible payout.

traderaaron":3391fcpf said:
It certainly can be done and is done but consider how much practice and effort it takes to be a surgeon or a professional athlete or a pro rodeo bull rider.

It's a very serious undertaking to be a professional, for most people I advise them to spend their time and effort seeking out top notch professional traders and have them trade your money, you'll be better off generally. There are some very good traders out there with long-term track records but many have a high entry price.

Having said that I know traders who are at the pro athlete level of trading and make very, very good money. I am not at their level but do consider myself professional and am consistently profitable.

This is just the type of market that pros love, 2008 was even better, for me anyway,

Again, private message me if you have specific questions.

If you want to talk trading cash cattle I am interested in that as well and treat my cattle business as I would a bond or corporate cash flow valuation problem, this is very different from how I trade futures though.

And the only way you can make a buy or sell is for someone else to be thinking just the opposite of you or there is nothing to buy or no place to sell.

And the poker and horse racing analogies are very descriptive. Fixed bet size, a set of odds and a possible payout.

:banana: Hello agmantoo
I have already download this site and really it helps me a lot for practicing. I have also found rockwelltrading.com on the help of google through online, a trading site which help me for my trading courses.

Latest posts