Camping Customs???????

Help Support CattleToday:

I will be the first to admit you can get carried away with making yourself comfortable. This is about as basic as it gets for me. Having a hot shower just makes me feel like a new man when I'm out

LazyARanch":1bg97wnv said:
For many families, I think the idea of "camping", is just getting off the home place for a little while so the work isn't staring you in the face. You can push it to the back of your mind for a little while and call it a vacation. Of course, it doesn't work for workaholics!!
My husband likes to go to the Boundary Waters, he and a group with go once or twice a year. Hike/canoe in to a remote lake with absolutely primitive conditions, fish, swim, BS around the campfire. Of course, rain and high winds have made it more of an adventure more than once! I can't take sleeping on the ground anymore, nor long hikes. Hips hurt too bad! Dang I'm gettin' old.... :shock:

Most I know that own them seldom go farther than 20-30 miles from the house. Haul it to a lake, set it up and cook and drink beer a few days.

Here we call them "Grey Nomads" but I do get it now that I live in town & we have our business busy hectic times either at work or on the farm its good to get away for a weekend. We have a VW LT 46 van that we slowly turning into a camper very basic at the moment bed, camp kitchen, bbq & yes a small 12" lcd flat screen & radio we live on the coast of NSW, we have a 1 hr radius of where we'll drive to stop for the w/end, we than relax & unwind come back on the Monday morning feeling all refreshed.

Here's another current camping fad here and I think most places, old teardrop and ham can 10 to 15ft trailers, people buying them to pull around and take to vintage camper shows. We have bought about 5 of them in the last 18 months for under 1000$ done a little work on them and sold them pretty fast for a 500 to 1200$ profit.

Latest posts