Camp Marc----Special needs camp

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I came under a conviction a few years ago to share my blessings. Long story short, money is not one of my blessings. I do on the other hand have access to many things that could bring joy to others. Time, land, and animals are three of my most abundant a blessings. I don't post this to seek praise from others, only to maybe have others share their blessings as well. I got involved with Hope Outdoors from reading about it on this site. Who knows some of you guys may have a summer camp in your area that needs a little help.

Camp Marc is a summer camp in Western Ky for adults with mental disabilities. Both the participants, and the volunteer staff are some of Gods special people. I go and bring a petting zoo for the campers, one of everything on the farm. Seeing them interact with the animals amazes me every year. It's almost like the animals know its time to be still, and just take it like it comes. I personally get hugged more in one day than I will the entire rest of the year as well. It's just a small thing. It cost me almost nothing, but seeing those campers enjoy themselves is something I look forward to all year. The link below will take you to their site.

http://campmarc.com/QCMS/

It's a good thing you're doing. I also enjoy having city kids come over and get to feed a cow, touch a pig, hold a chicken, etc for the first time. We also enjoy teaching them firearm safety, seeing them get to shoot a weapon the first time in a controlled safe environment.
As for dealing with handicapped people...do in laws count?

Latest posts