Bryan's Boot Camp

Help Support CattleToday:

Look in the mirror Bryan...your son learnt to bully from someone...

Who would demean and humiliate his/her child on social media for a laugh, honestly, only an azzhole.

Nesikep":14fwdnrh said:
I agree with the discipline, I don't agree with posting about it, and as Aaron said, especially "for a laugh"

When I was growing up earned a whipping I was taken behind the woodshed or got my beating in my bedroom. Dad would always say, "this is going to hurt me more than it will you". As a child I had serious doubts about his statement but as a parent I now understand. I can see making Bryan walk to school or even run but I would never film my child's punishment and posting for all to see.

Don't agree with posting the video but if he didn't act up on the bus he wouldn't have to run.
Hopefully he remembers that the next time he thinks about doing something wrong.

Every kid is different and needs to be treated different. Spanking doesn't always work nor does putting a kid in timeout.

I didn't watch the video but maybe this kid has been spanked or put in timeout and neither worked so Dad is trying something different.

Jogeephus":10lsf0jo said:
Nesikep":10lsf0jo said:
I agree with the discipline, I don't agree with posting about it, and as Aaron said, especially "for a laugh"

When I was growing up earned a whipping I was taken behind the woodshed or got my beating in my bedroom. Dad would always say, "this is going to hurt me more than it will you". As a child I had serious doubts about his statement but as a parent I now understand. I can see making Bryan walk to school or even run but I would never film my child's punishment and posting for all to see.
Agreed. The punishment is fine/good. Filming it is questionable. Posting it is wrong. In my mind parenting is based largely on the trust established between parent and child. Filming and posting an embarrassing punishment for all to see and ridicule the kid (the father even invites everyone to have a good laugh at his kid's expense) has to damage that trust. Or as the good book indicates: don't provoke your child to wrath..

Anyone ever had their butt whipped in the front yard where all could see? I have and don't think a little humiliation hurt me any.

slick4591":26dka8b5 said:
Anyone ever had their butt whipped in the front yard where all could see? I have and don't think a little humiliation hurt me any.
Sure did..and at that moment,humiliation was on the back burner :cowboy:

slick4591":2843k60c said:

yes..more than once, but then too, my father didn't send out an invitation to all the neighbors to come watch and laugh.

greybeard":2ua0ymz4 said:
slick4591":2ua0ymz4 said:

yes..more than once, but then too, my father didn't send out an invitation to all the neighbors to come watch and laugh.

In my case they were there and did. What's an invitation got to do with it?

I'm thinking the boy bullying and humiliating the other kid in front of other kids, must be different in the father showing him what it feels like..

Latest posts