Trooper Needs His Butt Kicked

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd":1y7mfn3h said:
What would I have done with the flats and truck problem. I would have called a mobile tire service to fix the flats if so needed tell them be sure and bring some new tires. I would have called a wrecker service and had the truck and trailer towed to where I was headed after tire repair or called someone and removed broken truck and hooked the good one up.
This is the right answer.

I can see the troppers point about letting cattle out on the road and someone getting hurt but..... surely if he would have just let them back the trailers together he would have seen that there is very little chance of a cow getting out. Another thing is what is safer for the public. A bunch of people arguing and changing tires on the side of the freeway for 3 hours or taking 20 minutes to transfer cattle and moving on?
Farmers and Ranchers probably have the worst trailer maintenance I have seen but at the same time the trailers are used in the worst conditions too. As for the tires blowing out I really think trailer manufacturers need to start putting better tires on trailers. If you go buy a brand new cattle trailer today the best thing to do is have the tires replaced.

I'm never going to have anything less than a steel belted 14 ply on my trailers.. Old 10 ply were GARBAGE, the new 14 ply are absolutely solid.. And our asphalt gets just as hot.

What isn't very clear in the vid is how far it is to the next exit.. it is 1/2 a mile or 10 miles?.. Driving the 'wrong way' if you're entirely on the shoulder with your 4ways on shouldn't be that bad.. Are there any emergency U-turn route locations nearby?
What about just dragging the thing to the next exit? would be a 5mph deal but then it could be done off the highway.

The guy objecting to it sounded like he wanted to make a name for himself... If the damage was $3K they're just lucky it wasn't $20K

JMJ Farms":1z4macvc said:
Numerous times I've seen them run a yearling in the ring off the scale and Doris would tell them the weight was wrong. They would reweigh the yearling and he'd be right every time. He can guess anything under 700lbs and be within 10-15 lbs every time.
I've seen that too, he would tell them to clean off the scales and weigh it again.

Brute 23":2ynivsuz said:
People do that all the time. We got a new place and didn't have a big enough entrance to take the 40' trailers in right off the bat. We parked along the road and had two 24s running the cattle in to the pens. Pretty simple deal.
Yeah, did you do that on a four lane divided highway with heavy 70 mph traffic?

ga.prime":3ttv825r said:
Brute 23":3ttv825r said:
People do that all the time. We got a new place and didn't have a big enough entrance to take the 40' trailers in right off the bat. We parked along the road and had two 24s running the cattle in to the pens. Pretty simple deal.
70 mph would be kinda slow..... :lol:

1982vett":13it43vj said:
ga.prime":13it43vj said:
Brute 23":13it43vj said:
70 mph would be kinda slow..... :lol:
True, the 70mph speed limit is just a suggestion.

ga.prime":9pvqv2og said:
Brute 23":9pvqv2og said:

If the cops would do their jobs they wouldn't be doing 70 mph by there.

In Texas of some one is broke down on the side of the road like that your supposed to move over one lane away.

All that makes no difference. When you back the trailers up nothing is getting out.

its ok for them to block EVERY lane for a small accident and take their sweet time before letting anyone go through....

helping people out is not the priority.. Money .. fines, tickets, jail time -- thats the goal.

Sure, they could've called in a bunch of help and closed the west bound lanes and rerouted traffic and created a massive traffic jam and had a new truck and trailer come in there heading east in the west bound lanes and back up to the broke down trailer and made the transfer and then let him make a u-turn and head back west.. all the while hoping the new truck driver had better maintained equipment than the first one. If everything went perfectly, It would've taken a good long while to do all that don't you think? Then after all that, the broke down trailer would still have to have new tires put on it before it could be moved. My first call if that was me with 3 flats would have been to the tire man to get out there asap with 3 new tires.

ga.prime":2c1c2t6x said:
My first call if that was me with 3 flats would have been to the tire man to get out there asap with 3 new tires.
But, but new tires cost money and he probably had 3 on the tire pile at home just as good as the 3 he put on before.

Son of Butch":63p5hkuc said:
ga.prime":63p5hkuc said:
My first call if that was me with 3 flats would have been to the tire man to get out there asap with 3 new tires.
But, but new tires cost money and he probably had 3 on the tire pile at home just as good as the 3 he put on before.
sounds like you've been there ...:cowboy:

Latest posts