CB put his hook out

Help Support CattleToday:

wbvs58

Reaction score
I might have missed other threads but I did like the way CB hooked the thread on the elections. By leaving the thread there and stopping further discussion and maybe a little explanation is the way to go. Especially for me on a the other side of the world in completely different time zone it gives me a bit of an understanding why a thread was hooked. In the past Dun and then CB would put out his shepherds crook and all trace of the thread plus a member or two would disappear.. I hope that this is how things will be done in the future. Well done CB.

Just on another note. Have any of you become a supporting member of CT and donated a subscription. This I am not keen on. We already support CT by being active members now the owners want to make us 1st and 2nd class members. When the new owners took over CT I commented that we were a commodity to be bought and sold. Angie sarcastically commented that she did not see our names on a bill of sale, well she was wrong. There would not have been anything to sell without us active members. I just don't like the idea of this two tier membership.

Ken

I agree I like that the thread is left so people can see it. As far as I know that one stayed civil I think it was just obviously a political thread which is not allowed. I also appreciate that some well mannered political discussion has been permitted as it would be in most Coffee Shops.

I had noticed the donate flag the other day and thought it was peculiar but didn't give it much thought.

I might have missed other threads but I did like the way CB hooked the thread on the elections. By leaving the thread there and stopping further discussion and maybe a little explanation is the way to go. Especially for me on a the other side of the world in completely different time zone it gives me a bit of an understanding why a thread was hooked. In the past Dun and then CB would put out his shepherds crook and all trace of the thread plus a member or two would disappear.. I hope that this is how things will be done in the future. Well done CB.

Just on another note. Have any of you become a supporting member of CT and donated a subscription. This I am not keen on. We already support CT by being active members now the owners want to make us 1st and 2nd class members. When the new owners took over CT I commented that we were a commodity to be bought and sold. Angie sarcastically commented that she did not see our names on a bill of sale, well she was wrong. There would not have been anything to sell without us active members. I just don't like the idea of this two tier membership.

Ken
It's not the thread but the agenda.

Let me say this, I think Mod2 does a pretty good job of keeping things between the rails. He/she is right, about the agenda thing. But, he/she allows people to express their beliefs and vent so long as there is no name-calling or insulting. It is a hard job and a fine line to walk. But I respect the job that is done.

I didn't name call anyone. You can read the thread to see that I asked a question about people who signed sworn affidavits. But that is fine. I thought that the thread was civil....

I would estimate the COVID subject to be drawing 10 times the viewers of any other subject. It is drawing interest world wide.
Viewers equate to INCOME FOR THE FORUM and no small part of these viewers will have interest in and take part in other discussions
over time. Viewers have voted by their action and are facing unilateral censorship because it does not meet someone's political view.
Opportunity comes not on the ocean waves but from the ships riding thereupon. Close the forum and the ships will sail to another port.
Cattlemen have been free thinkers since the days of Abraham and Issac (cattlemen intheir own right). Hard to have a good meal with
no fire in the stove and no point in the meal with no one to eat it. Riding for the brand! LVR

Latest posts