Calving 2024

Help Support CattleToday:

I'll probably never get tired of these grey calves
20240329_134155.jpg
Tape showed 117lbs birth weight, which I believe to be about right.

20240329_134258.jpg
This big girl finally is starting to calve I think. Separated herself from the herd. That's the one I'm not sure which bull will be the sire of the calf. So if she calves a blue calf an update will be on the blue thread. Fingers crossed everything goes well. She is a mature one and her first calf was over 110lbs, so she has some capabilities.

I'll probably never get tired of these grey calves
View attachment 42907
Tape showed 117lbs birth weight, which I believe to be about right.

View attachment 42908
This big girl finally is starting to calve I think. Separated herself from the herd. That's the one I'm not sure which bull will be the sire of the calf. So if she calves a blue calf an update will be on the blue thread. Fingers crossed everything goes well. She is a mature one and her first calf was over 110lbs, so she has some capabilities.
I love that grey calf as well!

A whole herd of cows that color and good type would be awesome I think.

Had another newborn just before midnight. This time parthenaise sired bull calf out of limx cow, 292 days gestation, unassisted. Second calf for the cow. Previous calf was by the same sire, but a heifer and needed a slight assistance with ropes.
20240331_122952.jpg

Last year's full sister at 1,5months age.
20230528_124230.jpg

Today's arrival. Heifer by the lim bull, out of 11years old cow. There might be max 3 calves by that bull and that's all. Two were AI'ed as well, so will see what kind of calves will be born. Not much time left until finding out, one is due on the 6th and another on the 12th.
20240402_152746.jpg