calves have bloody scours

Help Support CattleToday:

how old are these calves? Do there bums have a black matt look? How much blood is in the manure? It does sound like coccidiosis to me but never sure for a fact. Some people say it doesn't do anything, but try and give 120cc of peptobimol twice a day oraly, and revibe 2 twice a day oraly and depending on how much they weigh 3 1/2 cc of trivetrin once a day for 3 days, and the same with 1cc of banamine. That is what my vet recomended for me and it seemed to clear it up.

I'm not at the farm as I live 250 miles away but I was there last weekend when the little bull was born. He'll be a week old tomorrow. I'm hoping to hear from my mother in law tonight and if I do I'll ask her the questions you have posed. I am fearful he may not have made it through the day as he was extremely weak yesterday she said.

Well, he made it through the night and had a good day today she tells me. He's been able to nurse without help after drinking lots of milk she was mixing for him from the co-op. They also suggested something for his coccidiosis which appears to have had a positive effect as well.

I can't wait to see him next weekend.

Latest posts