Calming Show Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

UncleLA

Reaction score
Has anyone had success with the following products available through Sullivan's:

Show Cattle Calm
Peace Pellets
Focus - Oral Calming Liquid

We have been showing cattle for years and have never tried these products. We have a new, young, show heifer that is very antsy and you can tell gets stressed out. We are taking her, along with a few others, to her first show in a month. I'm considering using one of these products to take the edge off. Maybe even use at home when she's getting clipped.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.

UncleLA":1b0llstk said:
Has anyone had success with the following products available through Sullivan's:

Show Cattle Calm
Peace Pellets
Focus - Oral Calming Liquid

We have been showing cattle for years and have never tried these products. We have a new, young, show heifer that is very antsy and you can tell gets stressed out. We are taking her, along with a few others, to her first show in a month. I'm considering using one of these products to take the edge off. Maybe even use at home when she's getting clipped.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.

Never used any of them. If you were new to showing, I'd recommend you work with her more. Since you've been showing cattle for years, try one and let us know what you think.

My neighbor has used cattle calm for showing, I think it works well because I know he's used it more than once.
Good luck to you and hope you have a good show!!
And we probably would try it if the need came up, which you never know...

IMO- the peace pellets are a waste of money... I tried them on a bull that I was wanting to halter for a sale. I did have some sucess with the Calf Calm. When I got home, I realized I double the dose. lol

I would go with the melatonin like VCC says in the link on a previous post.... I would also work with the animal more. That was my problem, didn't have much time when I was asked to put bull in the sale...

Cattle Calm never worked for me. We eneded up buying Meletonin over the counter at WalMart. It's a natural sleep aid. Takes the edge off of them. CAUTION: Will make your calf lay down in the ring. We found this out.
Easiest way to give it is to smash the pills into a powder, mix with water in a syringe or drench gun, and give it orally. Like a slurry of sorts. Good luck!