Calf watch 2011 is on

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I've got 3 cows springing, bagging and discharging now. The only one I know of an expected due date is 3 weeks out, but she may have been bred up to a week sooner. The rest should be around the same time give or take. August could be a fun month. I'm looking forward to seeing calves running around again

I'm a Cattle Today truant, recently returned, certainly no expert, but I have to ask -- if you are in central FL, why would you calve this time of year? Or did you buy bred cows from elsewhere?

Hope that all goes well with your cows.

Gale Seddon":2z8opnlb said:
I'm a Cattle Today truant, recently returned, certainly no expert, but I have to ask -- if you are in central FL, why would you calve this time of year? Or did you buy bred cows from elsewhere?

Hope that all goes well with your cows.
I was wondering the same thing, though I had the same situation with a couple I bought a few years back. I just held them over to get em back in line with the herd.

Bought breds. And have another that slipped her 2nd pregnancy and she rebred 5 moths later. Most everyone calves year round here without issue anyway.

No kidding. But at least I have a breeding date and know what to look for this time

Latest posts