calf milk replacement

Help Support CattleToday:

jemmind

Reaction score
I hope someone in here can help me.
I am not a cattle owner/anything, I just have a question and I hope you all can help. I was in a forum and the topic was the prices of milk, dry milk, etc.
A person on there said that they have been drinking calf milk replacement from their feed store rather than regular milk! Is this safe? This is the product they were actually drinking: http://www.mytscstore.com/detail.asp?pc ... ctID=25845
This can't be safe is it? What can I tell this person about this? I emailed the manufacturer but who knows if they'll email me back.
Thanks!
Julie

i would not drink calf milk replacer as a human.the milk is formulated for a calfs needs not a humans.an that milk isnt cheap.

Some people do odd things.

I guess it would be cheaper than buying milk from a store.

It is probably not that different than people who drink raw milk.However I don't know how they would use it as it should be used as soon as it is mixed.Yuk warm milk.

And seeing it put the pounds on calves I would think it is very fattening ;-) .

hillsdown":2ek7twhp said:
Some people do odd things.

I guess it would be cheaper than buying milk from a store.

It is probably not that different than people who drink raw milk.However I don't know how they would use it as it should be used as soon as it is mixed.Yuk warm milk.

And seeing it put the pounds on calves I would think it is very fattening ;-) .

20% protein and 20% fat would have be diluted down quite a wasy.

Plus some of them add medicine for scour control, not something I'd want to drink-LOL

GMN

Latest posts