Calf crippled

Help Support CattleToday:

rimranch

Reaction score
Okay not sure where to put this but its about a show calf so thought i would go here.
Seven month old calf that i got about two month ago that just recently is having trouble with his back fetlocks. When he walk he trips and end up standing on his pasteren. I was concerned that he straight and starting to cripple but i aked some people and they said he was not to straight and it could be something else. He looks like he is foundering if he was a horse. He walks on his toes and it looks like it is getting worse. So far i have taken him off his melatonin supplement because he was kind of lazy so we thought maybe that was the problem. He also always has a really snotty nose.
rimranch

rimranch":2sj47og0 said:
Okay not sure where to put this but its about a show calf so thought i would go here.
Seven month old calf that i got about two month ago that just recently is having trouble with his back fetlocks. When he walk he trips and end up standing on his pasteren. I was concerned that he straight and starting to cripple but i aked some people and they said he was not to straight and it could be something else. He looks like he is foundering if he was a horse. He walks on his toes and it looks like it is getting worse. So far i have taken him off his melatonin supplement because he was kind of lazy so we thought maybe that was the problem. He also always has a really snotty nose.
rimranch

Cattle can founder just like horses. You need to consult a Vet about it, it can be something serious and need treatment.

Latest posts