Club calf conformation

Help Support CattleToday:

redcowsrule33

Reaction score
I'm occasionally sent club calf bull catalogs and will page through for my own amusement. Lately I've been seeing the latest and greatest being advertised as "short backed". Exactly what are they referring to and why is this an advantage in the show ring right now?

I'm occasionally sent club calf bull catalogs and will page through for my own amusement. Lately I've been seeing the latest and greatest being advertised as "short backed". Exactly what are they referring to and why is this an advantage in the show ring right now?
The show ring has nothing to do with reality. It's as fickle as a teenage heart. The judges follow whims and fancies and play their audience with no care at all for function or economic realities. They drove the tiny, fat cattle craze of the early past century and they drove the passion for overly tall cattle in the eighties... and everything between and since. Occasionally they have an accident and their criteria aligns with what good cattle are... but often they are just more interested in the make-up used on an animal or the people holding the lead.

Latest posts