C-R-A-P

Help Support CattleToday:

ga.prime":1zy5hgfs said:
Anybody catch the score on that Uruguay-Germany vevuzela cup showdown?

Not that many people care, but Germany won 3-2. As long as we're changing the subject, anybody wanna talk about the recent disgusting, narcissistic, circus surrounding LeBron James? As you can tell, I have no opinion. ;-)

VanC":1ebi3446 said:
ga.prime":1ebi3446 said:

Not that many people care, but Germany won 3-2. As long as we're changing the subject, anybody wanna talk about the recent disgusting, narcissistic, circus surrounding LeBron James? As you can tell, I have no opinion. ;-)
The loathsome and breathtakingly obnoxious actions of LeBron and his enablers fits nicely under the subject heading- C-R-A-P.

ga.prime":2pn4484k said:
VanC":2pn4484k said:
ga.prime":2pn4484k said:

The loathsome and breathtakingly obnoxious actions of LeBron and his enablers fits nicely under the subject heading- C-R-A-P.

I wasn't sharp enough to make that connection, but you hit the nail on the head. I guess we haven't gone too far off topic after all. :lol2:

I AM NO Lebron fanatic; but Lebron is right. Who are the three best players on the Cavaliers? Shaquille O'Neal......over the hill, Zadrunis Ilgaukus.......slower and older than Shaq, Mo Williams???..........good player but he wouldn't start on the Lakers, the Magic, the Mavericks, or the Celtics. The Cavaliers have had seven years to build a team around Lebron and they never did it. The Lakers are always bringing in people to put around Kobe Bryant.......Shaquille O'Neal, Ron Harper, Derick Fisher (twice), Lamar Oden, Ron Artest, Carl Malone, Gary Payton, Pau Gasol, Sasha Vujacic, Robert Horry, Andrew Bynum, Vlade Divac. Whether it works out or not (Kwame Brown) the Lakers are always spending money to bring in new talent to attempt to win. Heck Luke Walton would have been the fourth best player on the Cavs last year. Then Phil Jackson coaches up people like Trevor Ariza who play far far beyond their past performance. Most coaches wouldn't even be allowed to start the 15th man over players that ownership was paying $30+++ million to and Jackson wins a ring doing it. Lebron takes all the blame for his failure to win championships. If you are going to be criticized publicly for the next 50 years for the championships you didn't win, why not go to a team where there are players with the ability to compete.

KNERSIE":2qsbveow said:
Why don't you nominate your own candidates for Board positions, attend the AGM, and vote you candidates in the place of those not looking after you?

Exactly, instead of complaining folks should be on here saying what they would do differently and backing candidates they feel would do things differently.

Brandonm22":3sxdxl3e said:
I AM NO Lebron fanatic; but Lebron is right. Who are the three best players on the Cavaliers? Shaquille O'Neal......over the hill, Zadrunis Ilgaukus.......slower and older than Shaq, Mo Williams???..........good player but he wouldn't start on the Lakers, the Magic, the Mavericks, or the Celtics. The Cavaliers have had seven years to build a team around Lebron and they never did it. The Lakers are always bringing in people to put around Kobe Bryant.......Shaquille O'Neal, Ron Harper, Derick Fisher (twice), Lamar Oden, Ron Artest, Carl Malone, Gary Payton, Pau Gasol, Sasha Vujacic, Robert Horry, Andrew Bynum, Vlade Divac. Whether it works out or not (Kwame Brown) the Lakers are always spending money to bring in new talent to attempt to win. Heck Luke Walton would have been the fourth best player on the Cavs last year. Then Phil Jackson coaches up people like Trevor Ariza who play far far beyond their past performance. Most coaches wouldn't even be allowed to start the 15th man over players that ownership was paying $30+++ million to and Jackson wins a ring doing it. Lebron takes all the blame for his failure to win championships. If you are going to be criticized publicly for the next 50 years for the championships you didn't win, why not go to a team where there are players with the ability to compete.

All valid points. If LeBron wants to win, then he needed to get out of Cleveland. Did you see where the Cav's owner guaranteed the fans that they would win a championship before Miami? Now that's funny. :lol2: The guy rode LeBron's coat tails for seven years and made a ton of money off of his talents. Now he's ticked that he left. Cry me a river. As good as LeBron is, it wouldn't have taken a bunch of great players around him to win, but he needed SOME help, which the owner never gave him. The fans are ticked at James, but they should really be ticked at the owner.
No, my issue isn't so much with what James did but how it was done. The shameless self-promotion, by both him and ESPN, was way over the top. Yeah, I know he's probably the best player in the world today, and maybe the best ever, but jeez. A little humility would be nice. Just call a dam press conference, announce your decision, and go about your business without acting like you're the center of the universe.
And ESPN was no better, though I guess their actions were right in line with the state of journalism today, sports or otherwise. I wonder what would have happened if one of their reporters had found out that James was going to Miami a couple of days before their "Decision" show was supposed to air? Would they break the story and kill their big ratings bonanza? Would the reporter have been fired if he/she broke the story on their own? I wonder.
Before anyone gets the idea that I have any kind of emotional stake in this whole mess, I don't. I don't follow the NBA much, but I do like other sports, so I watch and listen to ESPN quite a bit and I hear about things I don't care that much about. Plus I'm way past the point where I thought sports made any kind of difference in my life, whether it's one of "my teams" or not.
It's just that this whole deal was so over hyped. Kinda like the OJ Simpson thing years ago. Interesting at first, but it quickly turns into a three ring circus. So you try and tune it out, but you can't. It's everywhere, shoved down your throat every time you turn around. I just got sick of it. OK, I'm done.

cmf1":2rfx80tg said:
I don't even know what you guys are talking about now.
I'm not sur either but I think (from the tean names they're mentioning) it must be basketball. Really don;t know what a lebron is though

cmf1":ud209ik4 said:
Could we please get back to bashing Angus?
Well ... if you would give it some REAL analytical thought ... that is what they ARE doing!!!! You have to think about it a little bit!

O-o-hhh Yeah-h-h, I see it now.

DOC HARRIS

Dun,
lebron; Generally the best players in womens athletics.

Oh wait! Sorry, I was thinking of a different L-word. :lol2: @

dun":knh1oqlg said:
I'm not sur either but I think (from the tean names they're mentioning) it must be basketball. Really don;t know what a lebron is though

backhoeboogie":2epnb2i7 said:
alacattleman":2epnb2i7 said:
well backhoes kinda touchy on the climate situation anything remotely gets near texas hes gonna jump ..even it it comes through south africa :p

I wouldn't expect you to know the climate differences between South Africa and Scotland.

You know, I do get touchy when lying cheating weasels sell snake oil to kiddoes just getting started in this business. But I don't have an axe to grind like you seem to. You keep bringing up this issue. I happen to own ground in two states now besides Texas and have lived outside of the U.S. for a while.

We happen to be on an exchange program with a nuke plant in South Africa. They send a few engineers here every time we refuel our nukes. They've been all over the farm and seem to think alfalfa (they call it lucerne) is the best thing going to them there.

Check out Scottish climates and compare that to mine.

My program is deep in the black and I am not talking the color of cows in the pastures. That must bother you some.
Been lots of axe grinding all through this thread.
what in the he$# are you talking about? aint nothing about you bothers me

dun":va8f06v5 said:
cmf1":va8f06v5 said:
dun down this way I think a Lebron was a model of car made by Chrysler...big, slow, high maintenance and poor milage. ;-)

TexasBred":i7t9ggtc said:
dun":i7t9ggtc said:
cmf1":i7t9ggtc said:
dun down this way I think a Lebron was a model of car made by Chrysler...big, slow, high maintenance and poor milage. ;-)
That's what first came to my mind. But I think they spelled it Lebaron, but you know how spelling works

:???: :? If I thought that you guys were kidding, I'd laugh! :clap: :lol2: :roll: IF, on the other hand, I thought that you guys were serious, I'd cry! :cry2: :cry2: :nod: :wave:

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts