C-R-A-P

Help Support CattleToday:

I guess that now,I will,accept the fact that I have caused such a ruckous. For that I am truely sorry. I have a tendency to anger quickly and to not think things through and gather my facts. I have been an embarrsment to myself and to our community here,and I am sorry. I do not think that it was right for me to jump on Jake the way I did,especially with an inadequate rebuttle statement. For that I appologize. In my area,there is quite a bit of tension and hard feelings with the angus breed and their breeders,I should have never let that influence my response to this topic. That is what was on my mind. Excuse all amiss and attribute it to haste,

BC

BrownCow":2xzekz5g said:
I guess that now,I will,accept the fact that I have caused such a ruckous. For that I am truely sorry. I have a tendency to anger quickly and to not think things through and gather my facts. I have been an embarrsment to myself and to our community here,and I am sorry. I do not think that it was right for me to jump on Jake the way I did,especially with an inadequate rebuttle statement. For that I appologize. In my area,there is quite a bit of tension and hard feelings with the angus breed and their breeders,I should have never let that influence my response to this topic. That is what was on my mind. Excuse all amiss and attribute it to haste,

BC
don't take it to heart, and sure dont lose any sleep over it.. :cowboy:

BrownCow":3n9nipfi said:

BC

Don't back off now! Angus bashing is a very common and widely accepted occurrence around here. :lol2:

Seriously, your apology is refreshing. Don't see that too often on this forum or in everyday life for that matter. As alacattleman said, don't worry about it.

VanC":1gxlfrel said:
Angus bashing is a very common and widely accepted occurrence around here. :lol2:
Yes it is, widely accepted and widely applauded. Makes no sense and is one of the suckiest things about this website.

Northern Rancher":39yxr632 said:
Not so much bashing as calling it like it is-some of us ran Angus before they became the hottest ticket in town.
that exactly right, some of the bashers were likely just a twinkle in their daddys eye , although i didnt there were plenty around that did...

Northern Rancher":73wgrwep said:
Not so much bashing as calling it like it is-some of us ran Angus before they became the hottest ticket in town.
Call it what you want. It's ignoring reality. It's wacko opinionated BS. It alienates a lot of would be member/posters from discussions. Some of us ran herefords when it was profitable.

Please enrich us with your version of reality-actually good Herefords and Angus have always been profitable just some times more than others. Not too many breeds compliment each other so well in a cross. Angus are great cattle but I don't think they are now or ever were the ONLY great cattle.

Northern Rancher":39a0r8h0 said:
Please enrich us with your version of reality-actually good Herefords and Angus have always been profitable just some times more than others. Not too many breeds compliment each other so well in a cross. Angus are great cattle but I don't think they are now or ever were the ONLY great cattle.
:lol2: I'm not wasting several hours of my time to write out my version of reality which nobody gives a shiite about or would even read.

I've got nothing bad to say about angus, hereford, or any other breed. I know what sells. You evidently don't read the litany of non-sensical anti-angus hogwash that comes through here every day. Neither do I, but I must read more of it than you. Why do you think herefords are the most discussed cattle on the breeds board? It's not because there's more of them than angus. It's not because there's more people raising them or using them in crosses than angus. It's because all the angus people that try to start a simple discussion on this board get run out of town on a rail.

Ohh I think most cattle ranchers are made of pretty stern stuff-I'm an Angus breeder myself-I've been blasted by some of the best on here-look south wayyyyyyy south lol.

Northern Rancher":3m68ddxn said:
Ohh I think most cattle ranchers are made of pretty stern stuff-I'm an Angus breeder myself-I've been blasted by some of the best on here-look south wayyyyyyy south lol.

Different climate down here. Lots of folks still trying them here too.

backhoeboogie":nxw6eh8r said:
Northern Rancher":nxw6eh8r said:

I think his comment had very little to do with the Southern parts of North America or angus cattle for that matter.

KNERSIE":1m90ll5h said:
backhoeboogie":1m90ll5h said:
Northern Rancher":1m90ll5h said:

I think his comment had very little to do with the Southern parts of North America or angus cattle for that matter.
well backhoes kinda touchy on the climate situation anything remotely gets near texas hes gonna jump ..even it it comes through south africa :p

personally all the bashin' dont bother me either way,, now when they start, or can influence my market then """maybe""" just maybe ill give a dam :cowboy:

alacattleman":5cl9fipl said:
well backhoes kinda touchy on the climate situation anything remotely gets near texas hes gonna jump ..even it it comes through south africa :p

I wouldn't expect you to know the climate differences between South Africa and Scotland.

You know, I do get touchy when lying cheating weasels sell snake oil to kiddoes just getting started in this business. But I don't have an axe to grind like you seem to. You keep bringing up this issue. I happen to own ground in two states now besides Texas and have lived outside of the U.S. for a while.

We happen to be on an exchange program with a nuke plant in South Africa. They send a few engineers here every time we refuel our nukes. They've been all over the farm and seem to think alfalfa (they call it lucerne) is the best thing going to them there.

Check out Scottish climates and compare that to mine.

My program is deep in the black and I am not talking the color of cows in the pastures. That must bother you some.

Been lots of axe grinding all through this thread.

Ok my friend you reminded us once more...you're healthy, wealthy and wise...profitable, big land owner, envied by your peers and are to be respected and never questioned. Let us no forget.

If we could talk politics on here I'd sing the blues, whine, cry and tell everyone my woes.

Latest posts